Candidate will be responsible to monitor daily progress of the vessel, observing speed, engine pressure and water depths, and signaling any passing ships.
- To keep logs and records of the ship's movements and cargo.
- To supervise the loading and unloading of cargo.
To ensure safety and efficient operations of the ship regularly to
know if they are seaworthy.
To ensure that all legal and company standards are adhered to in both
the vessel and the crew.
- To maintain all on-board equipment, including machinery, engines and safety equipment with regular inspection.
To adhere to any budgets and the purchasing and loading of fuel,
supplies and equipment.
To maintain full knowledge of the cargo carried by the vessel and
answer any queries from customs officials.
- Oversees crew’s daily tasks and monitoring their performance.
- Degree level education and other certified training associated with the operation of a vessel.
- Must be a licensed mariner and well experienced as a ship Captain.
In-depth knowledge of cargo storage, vessel maintenance and
- Possession of strong management skills as the role is centered on the efficient coordination of crewmembers and the maintaining of a satisfied crew who are in line with company requirements.
- Must be organized and have a strong eye for detail, able to find any reason why the vessel may not be seaworthy or any machinery would be dangerous, or to deal with any problems effectively in open sea.
Must be proficient in any software on the vessel, able to use it
day-to-day or in an emergency.