Nonprofit, and NGO
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2021
Monday, October 11, 2021
, Base Salary:
PASADA is a faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services. Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA ACHIEVE PROGRAM
PASADA will implement as a Sub grantee to PACT-Tanzania the Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) program in eight Councils namely;
1) Temeke Municipal Council,
2) Kigamboni Municipal Council,
3) Kinondoni Municipal Council,
4) Ubungo Municipal Council,
5) Ilala Municipal Council,
6) Kibaha Town Council,
7) Mkuranga Town Council and Chalinze Town Council.
PASADA for effective implementation has organized ACHIEVE project management into three Teams (Team A. Ubungo MC, Kibaha TC and Chalinze TC. Team B. Ilala MC and Kinondoni MD. Team C. Temeke MC, Kigamboni MC and Mkuranga TC
ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WI-HER. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations.
In order to maintain high quality level services and to meet our clients’ and donor’s expectations, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
POSITION: SENIOR PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (1 post)
Job Title: Senior Project Accountant
Reports to: PASADA Finance Manager and Senior Project Manager
Line Manager: Project Accountants, Project Procurement Officer
Location: Chang’ombe Dar es salaam.
Overall Job Function
The Senior Project accountant is responsible to provide financial maintenance for PASADA - ACHIEVE project.
• To work as part of the team to achieve departmental objectives.
• To maintain accurate bookkeeping records
• Will be involved in receiving, processing all invoices, issuing checks, entering cash receipts and disbursements data into various forms.
• Process expense forms and requests for payments from staff.
• To validate invoices and ensure timely and accurate payment of those expenses
• To prepare all travel advances, payroll, Bank reconciliation and timely submission of monthly financial report to donor.
• To ensure adherence to PASADA policies and procedures and donor financial management requirements.
• Undertake banking activities for all bank accounts, checking balance, collecting bank statements, cashing checks
• To ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner
• To perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• The candidate must hold Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, or bachelor’s degree in finance or Accounting, Business Administration, or professional qualifications CPA or ACCA.
• Minimum of three years working experience in finance or accounting position will be an Added advantage
• Knowledge of donor funded project preferably USG for at least 3 years.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control.
• Skills in analyzing financial data and prepare financial reports.
• Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles and ensure that best practices are observed.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications letters should indicate the position and Councils Team of interest on the envelope, attached with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact should be sent NOT LATER than 14th October 2021, interested candidates are encouraged to physically bring their applications at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The contact address is;
The PASADA Executive Director
PASADA P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
NON DISCRIMINATION NOTE:
PASADA advocates and upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in its short listing, selection or employment practices that are based on racial, creed, sexual orientation, religious basis, sex, nationality, political affiliation, gender bases, marital status, inability or disability, or any other form which does not constitute merits.
POST: ELECTRICAL ARTISANS (DIESEL ELECTRICAL) – 15 POST POST CATEGORY(S) ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYER TANZANIA RAILWAYS CORPORATION (TRC) APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-08-20 2021-09-03 JOB SUMMARY NA DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES i.To maintain…
Overview Job Category: Engineering Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 29 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 14-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: IT Service Engineer –…
Kinondoni, Mikocheni Dar Es Salaam Details Description Candidate will be responsible to monitor daily progress of the vessel, observing speed, engine pressure and water depths, and signaling any passing ships….
POST: CIVIL ARTISAN (GANGMAN) – 58 POST POST CATEGORY(S) TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS EMPLOYER TANZANIA RAILWAYS CORPORATION (TRC) APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-08-20 2021-09-03 JOB SUMMARY NA DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES i.Packing of the…