Reports to: Operations Director
Location : Mbeya
Duties and Responsibilities :
- In charge of procurement activities for Organization-Tanzania offices in Mbeya, Songwe, Dar, Rukwa, Katavi and Ruvuma.
- Develop Procurement Plan and manage its execution
- Establish and maintain procurement strategies and processes to support decisions necessary to purchase goods, services, and works in congruence with organizational objectives.
- Manages the process of vendor selection, sole source determination, and quotation analysis to assure that all procurement is timely and compliant with the policies and procedures of Organization-Tanzania
- Administer all procurement activities, including selecting sources of supply, review of purchase orders, and managing relationships with suppliers and negotiating terms of contracts in collaboration with contract and grants department.
- Responsible for departmental administrative issues such as formulation, maintenance, and revision of procurement policies, procedures and practices as required.
- Plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises and reviews work of staff responsible for procurement including technical and specialized procurement of supplies, equipment and services
- To liaise and seek approvals from HQ on matters related to procurement and ensures that clearance has been provided as required prior to procurement actions over $10,000.
- Technically manage the procurement team including recruitment, team building and disciplinary action where necessary and conducting appraisals.
- Embrace & pro-actively practice the company’s Core Values and adhere to company’s Code of Conduct.
- In collaboration with the procurement and user departments, conduct performance reviews with the suppliers, measuring against required performance standards and market prices of various material procured by Organization-Tanzania
- Manages inventory of assets in collaboration with the finance and laboratory department and in accordance with Organization-Tanzania and Organization regulations
- Represents department at various meetings with administration, program, vendors, professional organizations, and other groups. Develops and delivers speeches, presentations, and training as required. Corresponds with the same groups.
- Ensure all procurement activities adhere to established organization’s policies and procedures, and where necessary ensuring that organization is in compliance with all government procurement-related requirements
- Manage implementation, monitoring, evaluation of new initiatives, policies and procedures;
- Ensure timely vehicle maintenance and repairs, analyzes program costs and provide recommendations on efficient fleet utilization and replacement;
- Manage disposal of obsolete assets in compliance with Organization Assets Disposal Policy;
- Perform costs benefit analysis on buying versus leasing option and advise Program Management on the best economic approach
- Establish, enhance, and facilitate professional relationships with Program Directors, vendors, and counterparts in the GoT.
- Conduct special management reviews and/or follow-up on audit observations to assist in the improvement of office procedures and practices related to logistics.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or appropriate referrals.
- To carry out any other duties that may be assigned by senior management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelors in Procurement or Business Management and Masters degree, with multiple skills.
- CPSP or CIPS qualified
- Minimum 7 years previous experience with an international NGO preferred
- 5 years managerial experience
- High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base.
- Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
- Management and coordination of Procurement activities
- Mentoring new starters, providing &on the job's training to existing team members, and ensuring that the team are satisfactorily supported in their day to day work activities
- Ability to multi-task
- Meticulous and resourceful
- Excellent oral and written English
- Good interpersonal skills
- A good team player
- Customer service oriented
- Highly organized and a strong negotiator
- No Criminal record.
The Senior Manager, Procurement will be responsible for delivering an efficient and effective procurement services across Organization-Tanzania. The Senior Manager recommends and implements procurement strategies and best practices, and leads all sourcing, negotiating, contracting and procurement activities to leverage buying power and create optimal value. The Senior Manager works closely with management at all levels throughout the Organization to ensure alignment of procurement strategies and tactics necessary for the program to deliver its objectives.