Senior Database Adminstrator
Jobs at:CVPeople Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for recommending, implementing, and monitoring system database, best practice and procedures to manage company’s data and Information. Administer & provide database support for all application throughout the entire software life cycle processes. Provide DBA support for production, development, and test DB environments and resolve DB performance issues. Maintain end-to-end responsibilities for the Oracle database in all three environments
• Manage and support high performance, highly available and mission critical database platforms for the Insurance core applications and other systems.
• Review and design database structures, Oracle RMA, Oracle RAC to support business requirements including logical and physical database modeling.
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout, Optimization, tuning and upgrades of database technology platforms.
• Install, configure and maintain database instances, creation of various database objects, create users with appropriate roles and levels of security.
• Implement database security policies that are consistent with laid security guidelines.
• Implement and perform database backup and recovery strategies that meet recovery and availability requirements.
• Implement best practices and incorporate them in DBA procedures.
• Manage and support Enterprise Data warehouse including the development of reports from the data warehouse platform
• Works with various teams to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
• Management of project implementation tasks of (BI, Audit Vault, Oracle ERP, Database firewall etc) to ensure a well-documented, tracked, seamless and timely implementation.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or other Computer related field from a recognized University
• 3+ years of experience with Oracle DBA development
• 3+ years of experience with test and production environments
• Certification : OCP /MCSD
• Functional Skills
• Experience in implementation & Development of Oracle.
• Knowledge & experience with installation, configuration, backup, recovery, and monitoring of Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c databases.
• 3) Working knowledge and experience with databases, Oracle Development and application technologies
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer care skills
• Good analytical skills
• Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
• 4+ years in experience In Oracle DBA development, databases security, hardware and system software.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://cvpeopletanzania.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers/594044000004545001/Senior-Database-Adminstrator?source=CareerSite