North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Security Operation Supervisors to join North Mara team. Pivotal in ensuring security and safety of employees, contractors and Visitors working in North Mara. Proactively coordinate all operational resources deployed in keeping with Standing Operational Procedures ensuring the maintenance of an effective, efficient and professional service provision by the Security Services Department. Provide a positive and cooperative input to the Security Management team.
This is a permanent role, with work roster being forty two (42) days on day shift and twenty one (21) days off shift .
The Security Operation supervisors will report to the Superintendent Security Operations.
- Represent North Mara mine site as a Security Services supervisor
- Ensure that no Security Services member is in possession of a private fire arm or traditional weapon while on duty
- Interact and participate with the Process department, to ensure sustained development of a safe and heavy Work Environment on the Project Site and within the communities of contact
- Coordinate and assist in the direction of activities of the security services department
- Ensure the necessary programs and reporting functions that will facilitate timely reporting of incidents are adhered.
- Safe transportation of high value product and cash
- Attend a daily briefing with the security services manager
- Ensure all north Mara mine Employees follow North Mara Mine Security procedures
- Arrange shift pattern ensure all security posts are manner 24 hours a day
- Ensure that the Security Services Guards are reporting pertinent matters that may affect the Security of the site
- To regularly patrol the suite during the shift and its surroundings ensuring the security and safety of North Mara Employees offices and properties
- Maintain an ongoing program of technical advice and on-job training and coaching for Private Security Service Provider, Community Policing and the workforce in whole.
- Coordination of resources / logistics so that service provision is delivered in a timely, effective, efficient and professional manner.
- Execution of shift operations in keeping with various Corporate Policies, Mine Standing Instructions, and Departmental Operating Procedures to ensure all security, Safety and environmental risks are identified, reported and controlled.
- Vigilance to the Departmental Performance Metrics used to assess operational effectiveness. Making all possible endeavours to ensure that on a Shift-by-Shift basis all activities align with successful Metrics trending.
- Security Prevention Awareness to be proactively maintained. Reporting all deficiencies in a timely manner so as to minimise opportunity for loss of company property etc.
- Accurate, Detailed and Timely delivery of required administrative reports (Oral, Written, Incident, Statements, Safety etc.) so as to ensure each party is an informed state.
- Comply with the Use of Force, Voluntary Principles, Human Rights and Sexual Harassment policies.
- Educate the guard force on the Use of Force, Voluntary Principles, Human Rights and Sexual Harassment policies.
- Form Six as a minimum requirement
- Police / military experience preferred
- Understanding of the Tanzanian government system
- Proven and develop leadership Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Military, Police, or as a Security Professional.
- Experience in Open Cut Mining would be a preference.
- Experience with security operations and project development in developing countries
- Performance orientated, strongly motivated, leads by example and maintains a high work standard.
- Hold employees accountable.
- Strong team leadership
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Backgrounds and cultures is essential, Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Must possess good knowledge of aviation rules and regulations and navigation
- Short and Long-wave radio communication procedures
- Demonstrated ability to compile and present various reports with accuracy and attention to detail, using multiple applications such as secure base, excel, word and PowerPoint and Babylon.
- Ability to demonstrate safety all the time.
- Working knowledge of security matters such as Access Control, Riot Control and Surveillance systems
- Working knowledge of security management, investigations, surveillance and administration.
- Exposure to operations in remote sites.
- Thorough communication knowledge with all levels of individual and communities.
- Exposure to verbal and written means of communication and reporting.
- Previous experience in mining industry or similar environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and management skills with the ability to lead, train and motivate a team of security officers to achieve planned objectives.
- Significant experience in dealing with conflict situations.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “SECURITY OPERATION SUPERVISOR” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick - North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 22 nd December, 2021.
BEWARE Of Fraudulent activities! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.