Jobs at:Embassy of Sweden
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Embassy is responsible for representing and promoting Swedish interests in Tanzania and has approximately 40 employees. The overall tasks of the Embassy include supporting business and trade, development cooperation and consular and visa services. The Section for Administration, Consular Affairs and Migration consists of 13 staff members and is responsible for a range of tasks including operational and financial planning, budget, logistics and maintenance. The section is also in charge of consular affairs and migration.
Receptionist: We would like to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of a receptionist effective from October 2020. .
Duties and responsibilities:
The receptionist is the first point of contact for the Embassy, therefore, the successful candidate must have excellent communication skills in English and Swahili, a high level of professional integrity and be service minded. Specifically, the receptionist will:
• Be responsible for keeping the reception area clean, tidy and organised.
• Attend to visitors, in person or on the telephone.
• Deal with general inquiries on the phone, email or face to face.
• Oversee mail deliveries, packages, and couriers including the Diplomatic pouch.
• Draft written replies in English to public inquiries.
• Proof-read documents in English.
• Keep the internal telephone lists updated
• Assist with booking of Hotels and local transport for official visitor/planning days.
• Perform other duties assigned by the Head of Chancery or the Third Secretary.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in relevant field
• Excellent communication skills in Swahili and English.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
• Telephone Skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Prior administrative experience
• Ability to demonstrate high level of professional integrity.
• Service -mindedness.
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal communications, team working skills and flexibility
• Merits include proficiency in Swedish as well as work experience from diplomatic missions and or international organisation and form of higher education.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity, e-mail us your CV (maximum 5 pages) and one page application letter explaining your suitability for the role. Please, do not include your certificates. Write “Receptionist” in your e-mail subject line. The deadline is 05th August, 2020.
We regret the vacancy is not ideal for fresh graduates
Executive Search and Selection Division Prospect Africa Limited e-mail: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.