Experience: At least 5 years working in this field.
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Property Manager Duties
· Collecting rent and other property fees from tenants and individual owners.
· Paying property expenses including taxes, mortgages, payroll, insurance premiums and maintenance costs.
· Reporting the property’s financial status, occupancy and expiring leases to property owners.
· Meeting potential tenants, showing them the property and assessing their applications in accordance with anti-discrimination laws.
· Advertising vacant properties and hiring a leasing agent to find tenants as needed.
· Inspecting properties and arranging for repairs and new materials as required.
· Arranging contracts for maintenance, trash removal, landscaping, security and other ongoing services and managing disputes with these service providers where appropriate.
· Investigating and resolving property complaints and rental violations.
Qualifications and skills for the Property Manager
· Customer service and interpersonal skills needed to meet with prospective and current tenants
· Good verbal communication
· Attention to detail to ensure applications are accurate and tenant issues or questions are adequately addressed
· Organization and the ability to multitask efficiently
· Problem-solving to find effective solutions for a variety of potential issues
· Knowledge of rental contracts and property and anti-discrimination laws
**BE SURE TO CLICK EDIT APPLICATION DETAILS BEFORE APPLY NOW
Oversee the operations of residential and commercial properties, including single-family homes, apartment complexes, office buildings and shopping centers. They pay property expenses, collect rent and make sure that tenants pay the correct amount on time. When properties are vacant, Property Managers find new tenants as soon as possible to minimize lost rental income. Property management and real estate firms rely on good Property Managers to ensure their properties make money.