Procurement & Stores Manager
Jobs at:Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank
Deadline of this Job:
21 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Nature and scope:
The jobholder reports to the Managing Director, who is the Accounting Officer for procurement undertakings in the bank. He/She is responsible to advise and lead Management and staff on procedures to be followed in procurement as well as maintenance of stores and supply of services, equipment and working tools. He/She also plays a key role in the Tender Board and other procurement and evaluation committees. .
• To develop, implement and maintain a procurement management framework to support the strategic direction of the bank whilst ensuring it is operating in accordance with the Public Procurement Act, 2004 and other related legislation and policies.
• To provide high level advice and services to Management and departmental officers in relation to procurement and supply contracting activities.
• To oversee significant procurement projects by taking responsibility for significant purchase plans, tender development, tender management, evaluation advice, contract negotiations and drafting, development of contract management frameworks and assistance with contract dispute mediation.
• To develop and continually strengthen relationships with internal and external key clients/stakeholders.
• To monitor marketplace changes and other contemporary issues as they relate to procurement to keep abreast of developments that will affect the Department’s procurement function, including any Significant Purchases.
• To develop the annual Corporate Procurement Plan and assist in delivery of associated strategies.
• To develop appropriate procurement systems, procedures and guidelines for the procurement entity and Contracts Committee.
• To liaise with and advise on the administration of all contractual arrangements and amendments to enable timely forward transition to departments and users.
• To provide secretarial services to the Tender Board.
• To manage Tender process, analyze information, negotiate and make recommendations to the Managing Director regarding the awarding of tenders and contracts.
• To carry out any other duties assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
• Post Graduate qualification in Procurement, Materials Management, Business Administration or related field.
• Must be registered with the PSPTB as a Certified Procurement and Supplies Professional (CPSP)
• Minimum of 8 years practical experience, of which 4 must be in a senior level in a recognized organization.
• Leadership, motivation and people management skills.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills and Computer literacy
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply to this job by filling in your details, attaching your Application/Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae/Resume (with 3 referees) and send to [email protected]
Be sure to fill in and/or include in your full name, physical address, telephone number and e-mail address.