Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Process Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor to join our team. The successful candidate for this position will ensure activities in the Shaft Engineering Department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to : Process Electrical & Instrumentation Foreman
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings; rectified or reported all hazard at workplace
- Ensure work requirements are identified from request/work orders or equivalent and clarified/confirmed with appropriate parties or by site inspection
- Ensure resources required to satisfy the work plan are identified, obtained and inspected for compliance with the job specifications
- Ensure correct size, type and quantity of materials/components are determined, obtained and inspected for compliance with the job specifications
- Ensure work is planned in detail including sequencing and prioritising and considerations made, where appropriate, for the maintenance of plan security and Capacity in accordance with system/site requirements.
- Interpret technical drawings.
- Ensure Team members understand their current technical knowledge gaps, must be reviewed 4x annually
- Ensure E & I supervisor Weekly and monthly reports are completed on time
- Ensure required isolations are confirmed where appropriate in accordance with site requirements.
- Ensure Equipment components, wires, cables, terminations and support fixings are inspected for obvious faults in accordance with the work plan.
- Ensure all appropriate components are disconnected to enable accurate test measurements of suspected faulty components without the concern of "backfeed" readings in accordance with the work plan.
- Ensure Test and measurement instruments are used in accordance with manufacturers’ job requirements.
- Ensure repair and preventative maintenance on process plant Electrical & instrumentation and process control systems to achieve production and cost targets.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to Process Plant Maintenance E& I foreman on condition that may affect functionality of equipment
- Ensure required isolations are confirmed where appropriate in accordance with Barrick site requirements.
- Ensure Faulty, worn, damaged or unsecured components are replaced, repaired or secured in accordance with the work plan.
- Ensure Parts and components are selected and replaced as required in accordance with specification and work plan.
- Ensure Final job inspection is performed and permits are relinquished as required in accordance with the work plan.
- Ensure Work area is cleared of waste, cleaned, restored, and secured in accordance with Barrick safety standards / procedures
- Ensure work tools and equipment are maintained and stored in accordance with Barrick safety standards/ procedures.
- Ensure Work completion details are finalised in accordance with work requirements & procedures
- Ensure equipment components, wires, cables, terminations and support fixings are inspected for obvious faults in accordance with the work plan.
- Ensure proper repair and preventative maintenance in process plant electrical
- Ensure components disconnected for testing are reconnected having been proven free of faults and all terminations are then checked to ensure they are electrically and mechanically sound in accordance with the work plan.
- Ensure budget Expenditure not exceeded monthly and annually- Focus on Cost Saving Initiatives
- Ensure Team members Time & Attendance 100% managed & updated daily
- Ensure handovers conducted at the start and end of every shift 100% accurately
- Ensure100% of shift reports accurately & correctly completed and submitted on time
- Diploma/FTC/VETA in Electrical /Instrumentation or Equivalent from recognized Institute.
- Tanzanian Valid Driving License.
- Must have a minimum 4 years’ Experience in Electrical and Instrumentation
- Must have a minimum 3 years’ experience in leadership role and Management
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English and Swahili, both writing and verbal
- Computer literate in the Microsoft Package Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “PROCESS ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION SUPERVISOR “ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick - Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 20 th October 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com