Busy Bees ELC is a Centre with a true heart and soul of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children learn. We seek a teaching professional who is passionate about understanding that all children can learn, a positive and enthusiastic professional with a service attitude.
The teacher should be able to provide an appropriate educational atmosphere that encourages positive student learning and to participate in a dynamic classroom environment while implementing the school’s programs.
Our mission is to create a brighter future for all our students, we provide dynamic programs
in which children from diverse backgrounds can develop early learning skills in a supportive and nurturing environment.
• Diploma in early childhood care and education (or other equivalent qualifications)
• Minimum of 2 years teaching experience in an early childhood environment
• Good understanding and speaking of English
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Knowledge of prescribed curriculum and child development practice
• Ability to communicate effectively using written and oral communication skills
• Basic knowledge of technology: Computer Skills, Microsoft Office Package, etc.
• Ability to manage the classroom and supervise students and maintain classroom discipline
• Skill in analyzing, diagnosing, and evaluating student progress and programs and record maintenance skills.
• Commitment to a core set of beliefs about teaching and learning.
• Adaptability • Patience •Resourcefulness
• Creativity • Responsibility • A good sense of humor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participates as an active member with other faculty and staff such as in personal-professional growth activities focused on the acquisition of new skills and knowledge.
• Provides a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors.
• Provide a learning environment that encourages curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
• Participate in extracurricular activities such as visiting local attractions with children and providing opportunities to express creativity through art, dramatic play, music, and physical activity
• Evaluates students’ progress on a regular basis; Writes and compiles individual assessments of each child’s development
• Encourages parental involvement; Interacts with parents maintains open and cooperative communication with parents and families in supporting the child’s education through healthy family relationships.
• Maintains all records as required, including but not limited to grade books, attendance records, and student progress reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of Academic.