Education & Work Experience: C-HS Graduate or Equivalent – 6 year(s) experience
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: One Year with possibility of renewal
Open for Tanzania Nationals Only
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Operations Associate carries out varied and inter-related operational, financial and logistical activities ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Operations Associate is results and client oriented producing administrative services of the highest quality in a timely and proactive fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities
1.Provide administration and operations support to the Tanzania Country Office (CO) in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and policies and strategies
- Contribute to an annual workplan for the Operations Team and monitor the implementation and monitoring;
- Participate in review meetings and provide support to the assessment of the managerial and operational capacities of implementing partners in collaboration with the programme and technical team;
- Provide technical support and guidance to colleagues on operational issues;
- Ensure a continuous and up-to-date flow of information between the CO and the RO as needed.
- Coordinate the pre-audit preparations for the CO to be audit ready and complete the pre-audit checklist;
- Prepare for internal and external audits and coordinating implementation of audit action plan by drafting periodic status update reports and collating supporting documents.
2.Coordinate and administer procurement processes in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and corporate policies and strategies
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and monitor their implementation;
- Generate procurement related reports; research and draft responses to enquiries;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services;
- Organize procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of Request for Quotations, Invitations to Bid or Requests for Proposals, the opening and evaluation of tenders;
- Coordinate contract negotiations, prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, as required;
- Prepare Purchase Orders (PO) and contracts in and outside Atlas, create vendor profiles in Atlas;
- Review procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Procurement Review Committee.
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution;
- Coordinate assets management in the office, prepare and submit periodic inventory reports, coordinate physical verification of inventory items;
3.Contribute to knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support in the organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on administrative related matters;
- Compile lessons learnt and best practices in administration, procurement, and human resources.
Key Performance Indicators
- All services are provided in compliance with UN Women rules, regulations and policies
- Timely and accurate implementation of procurement processes
- Provide timely and quality advice to clients;
- Timely and quality reports
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer and execute administrative and procurement processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data
- Ability to priorities work and to multi-task;
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Secondary Education.
- University Degree in Business, Administration and Finance, would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, procurement, human resources or logistic support services at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.