TA Operations Assistant,(G-5),Kigoma,Tanzania,(365 days)#00113972
Job no: 533027
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Tanzania,Uni.Re Division/Equivalent: Nairobi Regn’l(ESARO)
School/Unit: United Republic of Tanzania
Department/Office: Kibondo, Tanzania
Categories: Support: Programme, G-5, Operations and Business Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Field Office, the Operations Assistant provides a range of Operational and Administrative support activities in the Kibondo Field Office.
For every child, opportunity
How can you make a difference?
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Analyses and maintains an overview of the work of the field office to ensure timely operational support is provided in general and specialised areas.
- Supports management of office premises, establishes routine vehicle maintenance and supervises office drivers.
- Drafts estimates on field office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes. Raises Vision documents and monitors the field office budget in close collaboration with Dar es Salaam Office.
- Maintains field office Petty Cash account (records petty cash expenditures and replenishment), maintains office asset register, ensures timely requests for office supplies, collects pro-forma invoices from office vendors & other service providers, liaises with Dar es Salaam to facilitate timely payments, supports financial forecast for the field office.
- Arranges for and/or attends meetings on day-to-day administrative matters, participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interprets and assesses impact of changes, and makes recommendations for follow-up action.
- Prepares on own initiative, correspondence, special reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative tasks.
- Participates in one UN Common services meetings and serves as focal point in the field office for HACT quality assurance activities.
- Coordinates logistical arrangements including travel, accommodation and organisation of events for the field office. Monitors staff compliance of office travel guidance and procedures.
- Serve as a focal point for effective Supply, HR Planning and Training management while upholding UNICEF core values at all times.
- Provides exemplary management and leadership, motivating and developing supervisees to perform at their best and live the core values (care, respect, integrity, trust and accountability
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to Finance, Business Administration, and Economics, Administration or other related fields.
- Five years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work ïÂ‚· Experience of working in UN agencies is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
For every Child, you demonstrate.
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Advertised: Aug 11 2020 E. Africa Standard Time Application close: Aug 25 2020 E. Africa Standard Time