Performs a range of operations on a variety of machines such as milling, drilling, bench lathe, surface grinder, saws, mills, etcher, tube deburring, presses, mechanical joint assembly, and a
wide variety of hand held tools. Checks work using various measuring instruments; adjusts equipment, replaces tooling as needed, maintains quality standards.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reads prints or job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Positions workpiece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
- Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from workpiece.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or workpieces.
- Set up machine, and count, stack, mark, pack, and transport finished workpieces.
- Etch metal as required.
- Clean metal via immersion or spraying with appropriate solution.
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Organized – Ability to work in an organized manner, balancing several tasks simultaneously.
Problem Solving – Works well in group problem solving situations.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time.
Technical Skills – Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality.
Verbal Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person
with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
? High School or better
? Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
? Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
? Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
We are looking experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team