Reporting to: Laboratory Chemist
Contract Type: Specified Period - One (01) year.
• Responsible for on process line samples collection, laboratory testing during the shift and communicate the results to operators to optimize the quality aims.
• Collect shift samples in strict accordance with operating procedure;
• Prepare shift samples for analysis (Drying, Crushing and pulverizing);
• Carry out shift sample analysis (Sieving residues, Moisture determination, XRF pellet analysis, Specific Area determination, Acid-Base Titration) in strict accordance to procedures;
• Ultimately responsible for safe working practices especially in areas of responsibility.
• Environment: Ensure environmental procedures are complied with, identify and manage the environmental aspects and impacts in his/her area and instil environmental awareness culture in his/her area.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by line management
Minimum of Technician certificate in science and Laboratory technology or Ordinary Diploma in science and Laboratory Technology
Knowledge and Specific Experience
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in cement or manufacturing industry.
• Able to think for problem solving, fairly independent, able to take and follow instructions precisely, able to give detailed and accurate feedback, Level of mathematical knowledge required, able to speak, read well technical English, basic knowledge of computer skills (Windows, word and Excel), able to write basic English, Basic understanding of maintenance requirements, good knowledge of safety procedures, attention to detail, flexibility and takes responsibility.
Tanga Cement Plc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Salary and Benefits
Tanga Cement offers attractive salary and benefits in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills and experience.