REPORTS TO: CFO/FINANCE MANAGER
PRIMARY DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM
JOB GRADE: JUNIOR LEVEL
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The primary role of the job is to perform accounting duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts receivable transactions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Process Accounts receivable and revenue collection functions including preparing, raising, posting and dispatching invoices, following up on outstanding invoices and administering collection.
• Allocation of Accounts receivable payments and following up on remittance advice's
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of Accounts receivable database and files including preparing and sending weekly statements of account to customers.
• Ensure accurate processing to accounts in compliance with applicable taxes, laws and policies.
• Reconciling Intercompany transactions and balances
• Make recommendations for continual process improvements and ensuring procedures are strictly adhered to.
• Perform any other organizational function as directed by Management
? A bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting
? ACCA or CPA qualification
? Minimum 2 years’ experience in a finance role
? Experience in working with accounting systems/ERP
? Sound knowledge of accounting principles.
? Sound knowledge of tax matters, as well as staying abreast of relevant regulations
? Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
? Proficient in the use of MS Office and accounting systems
? Quality oriented with attention to detail
? Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
? Deadline driven and capable to provide results in a demanding position
? Fluent command of English, spoken and written
KEY ROLE INTERACTIONS:
? Chief Finance Officer
? Finance Manager & Accountants
? Logistics Manager & Officers
? Procurement Manager & Officers
? Legal Manager
Be sure ti click Edit Application Details before clicking Apply Now
The role requires someone with at least 2 years’ worth of relevant experience, the organization has a high amount of transactions of which will require good organization skills as well as experience working with accounting software.