Head of Transport Workshop
Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Dangote Cement is a subsidiary of Dangote Industries, which was founded by Aliko Dangote in 1981 as a trading business with an initial focus on importation of bagged cement and other commodities such as rice, sugar, flour, salt and fish. .
• Supervise the maintenance and repair of all of the DANGOTE vehicle fleet ensuring that overhauls, preventative maintenance and repair are done in a cost effective manner, with attention given to quality and longer duration of trucks.
• Organize, maintain, and reconcile various financial records, both manually and through automated methods
• Manage, plan, control and organize the planned preventive and corrective maintenance on all of Dangote fleet in order to maximize their lifespan and ensure safety. Monitoring progress and inspecting completed work to ensure the required standards are achieved.
• Ensure that the trucks are maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
• Ensure that necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available or obtainable at short notice
• Estimate costs and time required for repair or maintenance of the trucks.
• Maintain an effective safety program, coordinating safety training with HSSE Department; ensures all injuries are reported timely, properly investigated, measures taken to prevent future injuries and good housekeeping practices throughout the workshop.
• Ensure that planning, scheduling, and unscheduled repairs are carried out efficiently and cost effectively, with quality service.
• Oversees the administrative requirements of the Workshop, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, spare parts defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Mechanical engineering, or related field. Degree in management, business or related is considered an asset
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please follow this link: https://apply.workable.com/dangote/j/B909445A04/