Jobs at:North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit five (5) Underground Maintenance Fitter to join Underground Maintenance team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned maintenance tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Mobile Fleet First Line Leader. This is a one year fixed contract role, with the work roster being seven days day shift, seven days night shift and seven days off shift. .
• Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
• Maintaining, repairing mechanical issues, diagnostics / Fault Finding and Routine inspection on a variety of UG machines Coordinate activities in the unit and report back to Mobile Fleet Foreman.
• Ensure that mobile equipment is maintained in a safe and cost effective manner.
• Ensure all Barrick safe work practices are observed, and implemented in the department of responsibility.
• Ensure the preparation and execution of maintenance plans and schedules on the basis of daily, weekly and monthly mining and ore processing priorities.
• The quality, cost and timeliness of maintenance activities are critical to the project as a whole.
• Ensure maintenance costs are kept to, or below assigned budget.
• Display a sense of urgency to ensure timely repair and maintenance of mine equipment.
• Contribute to the operations by ensuring that all maintenance activities are planned and completed in a cost effective manner with minimal disruption to ore processing and mining activities.
• Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
• Actively promote and foster the development of a pro-active site safety behaviors that makes safety an integral part of all work activities.
• Identify and rectify/report specific hazards using Job Safety Analysis (JSA) process.
• Assist with accident/incident investigation and with the induction and training of new employees.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a Safe working environment and practices.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook.
• Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
• Driving ability.
• A relevant trade qualification in mechanical or Technician Certificate from a recognized institution.
• A Mechanical Trade Certification is highly desired.
• Minimum 5 years post apprenticeship experience working on underground mobile fleet.
• Experience working on Sandvik and Caterpillar machines is highly desired
• Demonstrated competencies in the rebuild and servicing of underground mining mobile equipment’s.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures and levels.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.