Jobs at:Right To Play (RTP)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Closing Date: Friday 6th August 2021
Organization: Right To Play Tanzania
Work location: Kibondo Kigoma
Authorized to work in: Tanzania
Right To Play (RTP) is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we help 2.3 million children to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 22 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
• Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
• Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
• Display Courage – Act with integrity
• Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
• Be Playful – Have fun at work
Please visit our website www.righttoplay.com to learn more about who we are and what we do, and watch this video to find out about the five pillars of our Culture Code.
The Finance Coordinator reports directly to the Project Officer and Technically to the Finance Manager. The incumbent is responsible for financial administration tasks such as data entry, processing transactions, ensuring all transaction supporting documents are complete and properly filed and reconciling bank accounts entries. In addition, the incumbent supports the logistics related functions in the project location.
Job Responsibility #1: Accounting (65%of Time)
• Performs three-way match in comparing invoice with purchase order and goods received note before processing any payment.
• Ensures that all documents are complete with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
• Reviews transaction-supporting documents to ensure that all are complete and filed accordingly.
• Ensures that all payments are made on time.
• Follows up on bank transactions to ensure all are processed; files hardcopies and generates reports.
• Posts all financial transactions into the RTP Daily Expenses Log (DEL) and then imports all data to the accounting management system.
• Produces monthly bank reconciliation statements and consolidates these in hard copy for review by the FM/FO.
• Oversees the management of petty cash in the country including bookkeeping.
• Reviews all petty cash expenditures and replenishment requests when two-thirds of the money is spent.
• Performs regular surprise cash counts from CO cashier.
• Ensures budget follow up and the correct use of all the donor codes.
• Ensures proper filling of all financial documentation for cash and expense management for the duty station.
• Assists in cash planning and forecast for the duty station.
• Ensures the elaboration, maintenance, and reconciliation of cashbooks.
• Prepares financial reports and forecasts.
Job Responsibility #2: Financial implementation and management (20% of Time):
• Supports in the Implementation of an appropriate accounting system and sound finance function.
• Produces and presents regular financial and written finance reports.
• Provides assistance in preparing year-end accounts in line with regulatory requirements ready for audit.
• Updates financial modelling as we expand potential areas of grant, traded, social investment and other forms of incomes.
• Leads on the maintenance of financial elements of RTP risk register.
• Ensures that an appropriate financial policy and procedures framework is in place to guide the
Organisation's financial decision making.
• Ensures restricted funding is ring-fenced and complies with grant conditions.
• Ensures the Organization complies with the financial requirements of the Donors.
• Assists with preparing budgets for funding application.
• Supports FM on staff trainings on RTP rulers, policies and procedures and donor requirements.
• Supports partners on compliance matters and ensure timely submission of reports that are accurate and complete.
• Supports FM to ensure that partners are aware and adhering to partnership manuals procedures;
• Maintains and tracks cash/salary advances in coordination with HR and ensure all amounts are reconciled and liquidated.
Job Responsibility #3: Team management and supervision (10% of Time)
• Provides clear expectations to the direct reporting team ensures that they are familiar with the roles and responsibilities within their individual job profiles.
• Provides the necessary guidance and coaches to the team and carries out regular performance appraisal accordingly.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about our commitment to help children and youth rise above life’s challenges through the power of play. You are highly collaborative and a relationship builder with a passion for humanitarian work, human rights and social change. You have been involved in Accounting, Administration Support and financial control. Your attention to detail is great and you have a positive, follow-through mindset. You are focused accurate act with integrity.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
• 3 years’ experience in accounting or grant management.
Skills / Attributes:
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadline
• Integrity and details focused
• Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
• Good analytical skill
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
• Good skill at using financial software applications
• Skilled in maintaining documentation
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good knowledge of accounting and Human Resources practice, policies and procedures.
• Fluency written and spoken English and the
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested in applying this role, click here: https://righttoplay.hiringplatform.ca/33560-finance-coordinator/106205-application-form/en to upload your resume and cover letter.