Automation and Instrumentation Technician
Jobs at:Duma Advanced Development Co.
Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Automation and Instrumentation is responsible for maintaining instrumentation and control systems in support of plant production, quality and safety goals. Suggest changes in the instrumentation and control systems to improve the plant operation. .
Duties & Responsibilities
• Supports both control and instrumentation execution systems.
• Propose, Design, and Implement the Algorithms needed to sustain continuous improvement based on operation direction.
• Direct the activities of others to implement designs.
• Participate to automation feasibility studies for practicality and potential return on investment.
• Develop logic and algorithms for both discrete and analog control of processes and implement.
• Develop HMI applications to meet the needs of operations.
• Assure the integrity of control and information systems through security and redundant system backups.
• Document and develop systems for consistency.
• Provide operation, maintenance and technical support/training to production and maintenance personnel.
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair instruments throughout the refinery.
• Must be familiar with the principles of control system, and all the instruments used to control the operation process
• (temperature, pressure, level, flow, pH, control valves, ...)
• Must have good instrument troubleshooting skills.
• Must have ability to work on scaffolds or ladders safely
• Ability to work overtime, rotating shifts and weekends on a regular basis.
• Have a high regard and ownership for personal safety and the safety of others.
• Ability to perform tasks wearing required PPE such as protective clothing, safety glasses/goggles, steel-toed boots, etc.
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
2 years minimum of automation and instrumentation experience
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit: https://apply.workable.com/durrah/j/5A3B64F058/apply/