Associate Information Systems Officer, P2
Nonprofit, and NGO
Deadline of this Job:
02 November 2021
Dar es Salaam
Tuesday, October 05, 2021
, Base Salary:
Posting Title: ASSOCIATE INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER, P2
Job Code Title: ASSOCIATE INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER
Department/Office: International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals
Duty Station: ARUSHA
Posting Period: 04 October 2021 – 02 November 2021
Job Opening Number: 21-Information Management Systems-RMT-165172-R-Arusha (R)
Staffing Exercise N/A
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Archives and Records Section of the Registry of the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals, Arusha Branch. Under the supervision of the Archivist, Head MARS Arusha, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the implementation of strategies, policies and procedures for the management of digital records and archives, and the provision of access to them in accordance with the Mechanism’s information security and access regime.
• Support acquisition, design, development, installation and use of information technology to manage and preserve the Mechanism’s digital records, the digital component of the Mechanism’s Archives, and to provide access to these records and archives.
• Participate in defining requirements and preparing specifications.
• Conduct research and prepare feasibility studies, comparative analyses and cost-risk-benefit analyses.
• Support procurement.
• Participate in design, development and installation.
• Monitor and analyse use, efficiency and effectiveness, and develop enhancements and new features.
• Provide operational support, monitor performance and resolve problems.
• Provide user support.
• Maintain technical documentation.
• Prepare user training materials and deliver training.
• Collaborate with the Mechanism’s information technology services providers to ensure data security and integrity.
• Participate in preparing and implementing disaster recovery plans.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the use of information technology to manage and preserve digital records and archives, and new developments. Provide recommendations and advice to the Chief Archivist / Archivist, Head MARS Arusha on the applicability of new technology or other measures to improve the management of the Mechanism’s digital records and the digital component of the International Criminal Tribunals Archives.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Mechanism’s information technology services providers.
• Oversee the work of junior staff relating to the functions described above.
• Perform other duties as required.
Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning and organizing:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems or related field. A first level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
• Minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of information technology systems.
• Experience of Electronic Document/Record Management Systems (EDRMS) is required.
• Experience of digital preservation systems and digital repositories is highly desirable.
• Experience of Archival Collection Management Systems (ACMS) and their integration with Digital Preservation Systems (DPS) is highly desirable.
• Experience of strict information security regimes is highly desirable.
• Experience in international tribunals or national courts is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of French is desirable.
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 16 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 05-11-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Special Secretary Grade III…
POST DETAILS POST: ARTISAN – PANNEL BEATING & PAINTING – 3 POST POST CATEGORY(S): ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYER: Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) APPLICATION TIMELINE : 2021-10-15 2021-10-28…
Tanga Mjini Tanga Details Description Position: Preventive Maintenance Inspector Reporting to: Preventive Maintenance Engineering Specialist Location: Tanga Key responsibility • Performs the Maintenance activities for Preventive Maintenance as well as…