Jobs at:Room to Read
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children.® Room to Read is creating a world free from illiteracy and gender inequality. We are achieving this goal by providing support during the two most critical time in a child's education: primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girl's education. Our Literacy Program trains and coaches teachers, creates quality books and curricular materials and establishes libraries filled with diverse children's books in local languages that can be enjoyed at school or home. Our Girls Education Program helps girls build skills to succeed in secondary school and make key life decisions by providing life skills curriculum, opportunities for mentorship and peer support, and family and community engagement. Room to Read collaborates with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to test and implement innovative models that can be integrated into the education system to deliver positive outcomes for children at scale. To date, Room to Read has reached 18 million children in 37,000 communities across Bangladesh, Cambodia, Grenada, Honduras, India, Jordan, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam and Zambia, and plans to benefit 40 million children by 2025. Learn more at www.roomtoread.org
Position: Associate, Administration
The Associate Administration (Field Office) will act as the point of contact for all administrative work across all Field Offices. She/he will provide all administrative support and managing queries related to administration; his/her main duties includes providing administration support across all 3 programs and to the all field based employees; managing offices stock, managing offices settings; managing the relationships of the service providers across field office; providing support to collect and submit finance documents to the Field Operations Manager for review and then submission to the "Administration Manager who will be based at the Country Office. She/he will be a key contact person for all logistics needs at the field office including planning and managing the distribution of all the materials in to respective schools such as GINKI books, LLP books, GEP materials support, etc. She/he will be directly reporting to the Field Operations Manager with a strong reporting dotted line to the Country Administration Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Assist in providing all required daily administration functions within the field office.
• Assist in soliciting service providers at the field level through receiving purchase requisition, collecting/ receiving all EO!
• Maintain trusting working relationship with service suppliers, visitors and colleagues
• Perform receptionist duties when necessary answer, screen and direct calls/ message, greet, register and direct guest/visitors, receive,
• Work with Field Operations Manager in coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to the organization.
• Organize and maintain office setting
• Support Field Office staff to deliver their transport request to Program Operations Director for approval.
• Provide general support to the office visitors
• Ensure timely collection of invoices and other documents from service providers and verify if in compliant then submit to the finance for payment process.
• Maintain Incoming and Outgoing invoice logbook.
• Ensure operational of the office work related requirements by conducting routines checks, identification of the nonfunctioning, preparing reports on repair needs for review by Field Operations Manager and for approval by Program Operations Director,
• Manage the field office warehouse including the field office stock and inventory management system including submitting the records to both the Field Operations
• Manager and the Country Administration Manager
• Maintain reporting on all the books distributed delivery notes and submitting the same to the Field Operations Manager.
• Updating and maintaining office equipment inventory with support from Administration
• Updating and maintaining office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, receiving goods/services and verifying receipts of supplies.
• Assist Field Office team to book for meeting venues, arrangement for visitor's lunch conferences and other required services within Field Office level
• Work with POs to arrange for transport for book distribution, material support distribution and other activities which requires transport including site survey.
• Equipment allocation and Dispatch important documents.
• Land line and internet connection services and maintenance.
• IT complaint register-wise consultant communication and response to IT related problems
• Support all donor visit requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Administration, Procurement management or any other social science related degree.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-tasks and prioritizing work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Swahili and English
• Strong planning skills
• Proficient in Ms Office
• At least 2 years of experience in the office administration and support work in the field setting or in a related working environment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please visit our website at www.roomtoread.org and click on the careers" link under about us tab. This will take you to Room to Read's Career Portal. Click on the See Current Vacancies to find this vacancy, select the vacancy you are interested and click apply to begin the online application process. If you do not hear from Room to Read within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Please note that late applications will not be considered, and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds, Women are encouraged to apply. Room to Read is a child safe organization. CLOSING DATE: 05th August 2021.