Nonprofit, and NGO
Admin & Office
International Union for Conservation of Nature
Deadline of this Job:
18 October 2021
Dar es Salaam
Friday, October 08, 2021
, Base Salary:
The Administrative Assistant will ensure there is a smooth, efficient and effective front office management as well as provide administrative support to assigned projects /programmes in the Tanzania Office.
• Front Office Management;
• Handling and screening of all incoming calls and routing them to their proper recipient.
• Receiving IUCN visitors as the 1st IUCN contact person both on phone and reception and politely advising them accordingly.
• Handling and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail (i.e. from/to the post office, hand deliveries to the office and with assigned couriers provide services to and from office for all staff in respect of local and international mail services.
• Ensure that the front office equipment (i.e. printers, photocopiers) are always in good working condition and loaded with papers.
• Maintain the reception area neat and tidy and also display current IUCN publications at the front office desk.
• General Office Administration Support;
• Support with typing and formatting of various documents
• Filing documents at the central filing, retrieving and archiving of correspondences.
• Ensure that all the incoming invoices, delivery notes are received, recorded and forwarded to the finance and administration unit for final payment.
• Ensure that all invoices attracting VAT amounts are duly processed in a timely manner, same disseminated to the suppliers in good time.
• Take record of staff meeting and timely circulate to all staff.
• In liaison with the supervisor, assist administration and programme staff by providing specific administrative support e.g. making calls, scanning documents, photocopying, organizing meetings and events, making appointments, arranging travel, visa, airport transfers and distributions of documents.
• Support daily management of the Tanzania office general maintenance
• Programme Administration;
• Provide logistics support to programme events/meetings and workshops
• Process financial transactions including purchase orders, and coordinate with the Finance Department for payments
• Provide general administration support as necessary.
• Diploma or degree in office management, business administration or other closely related field from recognized institution
• Work Experience;
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Office Management preferably in an International Organization or NGO environment.
• Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
• Familiarity with different management techniques.
• Computer use competency (MS-Office Suite)
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Customer Service / Client Relationships.
• Language Proficiency;
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili (both written and verbal)
• Transparency: Able to build trust and contribute to informed and responsible decision making by carrying out the work of IUCN in a transparent manner; provides clear guidance to ensure that objectives and desired measurable results are understood by members of the team.
• Inclusiveness: Understands and accepts cultural diversity, and provide a tolerant, positive and supportive working environment that fosters respect for diversity, demonstrates ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
• Professionalism: Promote the organization’s interests, objectives and values in a diligent and professional manner.
• Accountability: Takes responsibility of individual and collective actions, promotes the IUCN One Programme approach.
• Adheres to IUCN ESARO core values of Transparency, Inclusiveness, Professionalism and Accountability;
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills, initiative, resourcefulness, strong problem-solving skills and excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly motivated and results-oriented individual;
• Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision to prioritize tasking and manage workflow in a high pressure environment;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player with proven communication and diplomacy with the ability to work effectively with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Committed to continuous learning and proactive and mature attitude towards self-development;
Tanga Mjini Tanga Details Description Position: Preventive Maintenance Inspector Reporting to: Preventive Maintenance Engineering Specialist Location: Tanga Key responsibility • Performs the Maintenance activities for Preventive Maintenance as well as…
POST DETAILS POST: TRANSPORT OFFICER TRAINEE – 2 POST POST CATEGORY(S): ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS EMPLOYER Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-10-15 2021-10-28 JOB SUMMARY…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 22 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 02-11-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Head of Maintenance […