Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
The successful candidate will have robust knowledge of accounting systems, the ability to multi-task, and work well with others. This individual must be able to collaborate respectfully with multiple team members from diverse backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Take a lead in facilitating development of district specific work plans and budgets during the annual review/planning meetings.
• Prepare monthly financial forecast and reports
• Maintenance of office equipment, buildings and functioning of administrative support services including periodic maintenance of office equipment and assets, preparations of service contracts and agreements for consultancies, procurement of general supplies and assets, participate in the staff performance appraisal and job performance evaluation
• Schedule appointments and maintain calendars.
• Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings.
• Collate and distribute mail.
• Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence.
• Other duties which will be assigned by supervisor
• Domestic travel may be required.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business administration and minimum 6 months of working experience in accounting and/or financial field.
• Experience of working in an international NGO and projects.
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
• Ability to multi-task & work well with others.
• Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently
• Attention to detail and accuracy