Jobs at:International Organization for Migration
Deadline of this Job:
22 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Vacancy Announcement IOM/KSU/005/2021
Position title Admin/Finance Assistant
Position grade G4-Graded
Duty station Kasulu, United Republic of Tanzania
Job family Resource Management Unit
Organizational uni t 10004597
Reports directly to Resource Management Officer
Overall Supervision Chief of Mission
Number of Direct Reports None .
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Prepare the imprest report for Kasulu Sub Office and ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are complete before sending to Dar es Salaam.
• Plan daily petty cash and ensure the safe custody of all cash at hand. On daily basis submit a petty cash replenishment request to the HoSO.
• Count cash float daily, ensuring that the mount on hand coincides with accounting spread sheets.
• Maintain a filling system and ensure that paid vouchers are files in the order in which they entered to cashbook.
• Verify invoices and prepare all cash and cheque payments for utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses. And ensure that all cash and the necessary supporting documents are provided before payment is made.
• Submit funding requests to IOM mission office in Dar es Salaam and ensure that sufficient funds are available locally and issue official IOM receipts for all collection made by the Sub office.
• Checking and ensuring that all TA’s and expense claims are duly completed, and all supporting documents are attached prior to dispatch to mission office Dar es Salaam for computation and reimbursement.
• Review Sub office internal controls and notify the HoSO and RMO of any potential weaknesses and propose corrective action required and prepare estimated cost for the budget preparation purpose.
• Keep and update an inventory list and tracking system of all IOM assets in Kasulu and set up /streamline procedures to manage and safeguard all IOM assets/ supplies in Kasulu.
• Take part in all procurement activities, in line with needs of the IOM office in Kasulu and according to the IOM procurement policy. Set up and implement appropriate mechanisms to avoid fraud and ensure transparency. Apply for and follow up all duty VAT exemption applications for procured goods/services.
• Maintain personal files for staff members and make sure they are updated regularly, contracts for staff members are valid and issues on time, attendance records are updated, leave request submitted by the staff members properly registered in the excel spread sheet.
• Oversee the service provides for general cleanliness of the office premises, security and also monitor the maintenance of the office building, utilities, and communication.
• Provide introduction to newly recruited national staff, on entitlements and benefits as well as administrative procedures on other HR issues
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
• Fluency in both English and Kiswahili, written and spoken, required.
• Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is advantageous.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day- to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service- oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• High School Degree/Certificate education in Finance, Business Administration, or related field, with 4 years of working experience. Or
• University Degree education in Finance, Business Administration or related field with 2 years working experience is required.
• Strong Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Experience with relevant financial discipline
• Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines
• Ability to pay close attention to details and work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues
• Time management and planning for accounting cycles
• Ability to set up internal record tracking.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to [email protected]