TAHAFresh Handling Ltd is premier logistics service provider in Tanzania established in 2008, TAHAFresh has become a one stop center for logistics service which are tailored to its customer’s needs. The company has evolved from horticulture cargo handling to integrated logistics services covering airfreight and sea/ocean freight forwarding, trucking, customs clearing and forwarding as well as insurance. As the an Accountant you shall report to the Finance & Administration Manager and be guided by the following duties and responsibilities;
2.0 DUTIES AND RESPONSILITIES
•Prepare all payment voucher as per procedures and batch together for processing into accounting system.
•Process all payment batches into accounting system as per procedures.
•Cash received from customers and retirements are banked on daily basis.
•Analysis to be completed for banking attached to bank deposit slips.
•All documentation to be field correctly for bank reconciliation purpose.
3.Bank Records and Bank Reconciliation
•Ensure that all bank transaction are accurately and timely processed into the accounting system.
• LPOs to be correctly filed.
• Ensure that invoices are received for all items received.
• Ensure that invoices received are correct.
• Query any differences.
• Assist in updating fixed assets.
• Ensure posting to general ledger is timely and accurate.
• Ensure statutory deductions are timely prepared and paid.
6. Accounts System
• Assist in implementation and maintenance of computerized accounting system.
• Full co-operation with Auditors and in preparation of Annual report.
• Supervise administration staff.
• Support other staff in terms of understanding financial and purchasing procedures for compliance.
7. Company Analysis
• Assist to establish an appropriate chart of accounts to prepare meaning cost analysis.
• Draw to the Finance manager’s attention any changes in financial law or regulations which affect the organization.
• Assist in preparation of payroll, statutory deduction and salary slips.
• Ensure that clients are invoiced timely and fiscalized receipt issued.
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting from the recognized institute or University. Additional certification (CPA or ACCA or Master’s Degree on the related field) is an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like QuickBooks, Tally, etc.
- Computer literacy with excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- At least 2 years’ experience in accounting role.
- Strong attention to details, good analytical skills, ability to multi-task and high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Swahili.
4.0 APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The application should be addressed to;
Human Resource Manager,
TAHAFresh Handling Limited,
P. 0. Box 16520,
And should include:
• Cover letter describing your interest and work experience.
• Curriculum vitae with names and telephone contacts of at least three referees.
• Copies of relevant certificates.
Only email application with the position title placed in the subject line is accepted. Your application should be sent to [email protected]
The application deadline is 28th August 2021 and ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES SHALL BE CONTACTED.