7 Technician II (Electrical)
Jobs at:Tanzania Broadcasting Corporation (TBC)
Deadline of this Job:
17 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Republic Of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/L/9 4th January, 2021
On behalf of The Tanzania Broadcasting Corporation (TBC) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 14 vacant posts as mentioned below.
TANZANIA BROADCASTING CORPORATION (TBC) The Tanzania Broadcasting Corporation (TBC) is a Public Service Broadcaster established by Government Order in 2007 and became operational on the 1st of July 2007 replacing the then Tanzania Broadcasting Services – Taasisi ya Utangazaji Tanzania (TUT). TUT was established in the year 2002 pursuant to Public Corporation Act No 2 of 1992, Government Notice No 23 of 14th June 2002. Its formation was a result of a merger of Radio Tanzania Dar es Salaam (RTD) which was established in 1972 and Televisheni ya Taifa (TVT) which was established in 1999. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To carry out technical operations;
• To carry out servicing and maintenance work of technical equipment under supervision of experienced technician;
• To ensure proper maintenance of all equipment at workplace;
• To carry out installation, repair and maintenance of electrical appliances according to safety standards;
• To upkeep working tools, measuring instruments and equipment in safe andclean environments;
• To open and maintain job cards for electrical works/appliances;
• To install, repair and maintain Electrical Installation systems, UPS, AVR, Generators, and other electrical appliances;
• To diagnose cause of electrical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and perform preventive and corrective maintenance;
• To develop wiring diagrams, layout drawings and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion, and directs personnel performing routine installation and maintenance duties;
• To perform periodic electrical testing to equipment, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards; and
• To prepare Engineering drawings and AutoCAD drafting.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Diploma in Electrical Technology, or its equivalent from a recognized Institution. Computer skills, generator and air conditions systems and operations will be an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
: Attractive remuneration package in accordance to institutions salary scale PGSS 5
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of an age specified in each post; Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
• Form IV and form VI results slips;
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma & Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma.
• Deadline for application is 17th January, 2021
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by; SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT