4 Air Navigation Engineers II
Jobs at:Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority
Deadline of this Job:
06 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
On behalf of Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority, (TCAA) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill nine (9) vacant posts mentioned below;-
TANZANIA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY (TCAA)
Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority, (TCAA) was established by the enactment of the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority Act 2003 Cap 80 (R.E 2006) to regulate the Civil Aviation Industry in the United Republic of Tanzania in order to ensure effective implementation of Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) as provided in the Annexes of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). The Authority is also responsible for economic regulation of the activities of persons and institutions providing air transport services and aeronautical airport services. Additionally, the Authority provides air navigation services in Tanzania. .
To participate in ensuring effective and efficient functioning of CNS/ATM Facilities in accordance with ICAO Standard and recommended Practices for the achievement of safe aviation standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: • To participate in monitoring and ensuring all CNS/ATM systems are operating within acceptable safety operational conditions (24-hour basis) and record all CNS activities into controlled document;
• To undertake preventive and corrective maintenance on CNS/ATM equipment;
• To participate in scheduled ground checks of radio navigation aids;
• To undertake measurements and alignments of signals by using standard equipment;
• To monitor daily meter readings of CNS equipment to ensure that they operate within the set equipment operational tolerance limits; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields; Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering or any other related fields from a recognized Institution and must be registered by Engineers Registration Board as a Graduate Engineer.
The candidate must be self-motivated, efficient, committed and able to work under minimum supervision, strong team spirit, ability to interact and work effectively with both team members and superiors and pay respect to directives.
REMUNERATIONS AND GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The successful candidate will be appointed on contract for unspecified period and the position attracts Salary Scale of TCAA SS.7.5
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
• Birth certificate;
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
• Form IV and form VI results slips;
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
• Overqualified candidates should not apply;
• An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
• An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
• An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English language and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P. O. Box 2320, Jengo la Utumishi Chuo Kikuu Dodoma & Eneo la Asha Rose Migiro, Dodoma; Deadline for application is 6th January, 2021;
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by: SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT