2 Vocational Teacher ii – Design, Sewing and Cloth Technology
Jobs at:Vocational Educational and Training Authority (VETA)
Deadline of this Job:
12 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• To prepare instructional plans and schemes of training;
• To prepare appropriate tools and equipment required for presentations or demonstrations;
• To effectively and efficiently deliver instructions to trainees of level one (I) to level three (3) of competence through lectures, demonstrations, discussions and performing intended to impact knowledge skill and attitude in order to produce trainees with the required competencies;
• To perform formative and summative assessments by preparing and using assessment tools such as oral, written, product assessment and records in Log books in order to evaluate their level of competences;
• To participate in curriculum development by initiating improvement making recommendations, attending workshops, seminars in order to validate the value of training as per the economic growth demand;
• To prepare daily, weekly, monthly, terminal and annual implementation and progress reports by compiling trainee’s assessment forms in order to evaluate training status;
• To monitor discipline of trainees by following rules and regulations stipulated in their joining instruction in order to maintain peace and order at the Training Centre;
• To safeguard the use of training tools and equipment by performing daily preventive and corrective maintenance such as cleaning, lubricating, fault checking and doing minor repairing to maintain their life span;
• To provide counselling to trainees through physical discussion and advising in order to give direction and guidance for their better life;
• To prepare monthly, quarterly/annual financial progress reports by consolidating progress station records for onward submission to the superior; and
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
• Holder of Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Diploma in Clothing and Textile Technology.
• The applicant must possess a Vocational Teachers Training Certificate or should be ready to pursue it within VETA immediately after employment.
• Possession of a vocational teaching certificate will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link http://portal.ajira.go.tz/index.php/advert/display_advert/4027