2 Survey Technicians III
Jobs at:Ardhi University (ARU)
Deadline of this Job:
18 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/L/30 5th February, 2021
On behalf of College of Business Education (CBE), Shinyanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SHUWASA) and Ardhi University (ARU) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites dynamics and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill 9 vacant posts mentioned below. .
Ardhi University (ARU) is a public university in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It was established 28 March 2007, though it has been offering training for more than 60 years in different status. It is situated on Observation Hill close to University of Dar es Salaam, in which it was a constituent college from 1996-2007, when it was known as University College of Lands and Architectural Studies—UCLAS. Prior being part of University of Dar es Salaam, Ardhi University was known as Ardhi Institute with history extending to mid-1950s.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To carry out specified tasks under supervision;
• To conduct practical/ field work with students;
• To assist in planning, organizing, co-coordinating and controlling activities in the unit;
• To assist in the installation, testing and maintenance of equipments;
• To keep in proper custody survey equipments and materials; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by one’s reporting officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV/VI with certificate either in Geomatics, Lands Surveying, Instrumentation or related field plus ICT skills.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service and where specified; • Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
o Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
o Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
o Birth certificate;
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
o Form IV and form VI results slips;
o Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
• An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
• An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
• An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma - Asha Rose Migiro Buildings -Dodoma.
• Deadline for application is 18th February, 2021;
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’) Released by: SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT