2 Assistant Fitter Mechanics II
Jobs at:Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC),
Deadline of this Job:
14 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Pwani , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tatc / Shirika La Nyumbu
Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC), synonymously known as “Shirika la Nyumbu”, was formally established on the 14th December 1985, through a Presidential Order, made under the Public Corporations Act 1969. TATC’s mission is to develop a reputable capacity for automotive engineering by conducting research and innovation, technology transfer and quality assurance services.
TATC is wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Defence and National Service (MoDNS). .
Reports to: Chief Maintenance Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
• Fault finding and rectifying plants & equipment.
• Assemble and disassemble mechanical systems.
• Drilling, tapping and hand reaming new holes during assembly of mechanical parts. • Re-threading or re-tapping of bolts and nut.
• Identification of worn out parts by proper use of measuring instruments.
• Scraping, lapping and fitting shell bearings and bushes in specified fields i.e. • Grinding and lapping of valve seats.
• Servicing and replacing injector nozzles, injector pumps and to reset timing.
• To do simple turning of pins, bushes, washers, bolts etc.
• To do simple arc welding and gas welding including brazing.
• To do shaping of parts of simple design.
• To work using simple drawings.
• Form IV education with Trade Test Grade II or CBET level II in Fitter Mechanics
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
• Applicants must attach an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
• The title of the position applied should be written in the subject of the application letter marked on the envelope.
• Applicant must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
• Applicants who currently employed in the Public Service should route the application letters through their respective employers.
• Application letter should be written in Swahili or English.
Job Education Requirements : Form IV
Job Experience Requirements : Not Specified
Job application procedure
Application should be sent to the:
The Director General,
Private Bag, Nyumbu- Kibaha, PWANI.
Tel: 0738 341 330/0738 309 363
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date of interview.
Remuneration will be according to TATC Scheme of Service.
• The deadline for submitting the application is 14th December, 2020 at 4.00 PM