Enhancing the Quality of Secondary School Education in Zanzibar (EQSSE-Z) project is a four-year project (2021-2024), with the expected outcomes of: Better teaching and learning in secondary schools (through learner-centered pedagogy in the classroom and laboratory and strengthened teacher support services); improved learning environments; and greater community engagement in school monitoring. The intended outcomes will be achieved through three strategies: 1) capacity building to enhance Form III and IV teacher performance in Math, Science, and English subjects; 2) equip teacher centers with skills and resources to conduct induction and mentoring programs; 3) strengthen community-based school monitoring systems.
The role of the Technical Advisor (TA) will focus on Outcome 1:
Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (MoEVT) implements strategies for learner-centered teaching and learning in Math, Science, and English (MSE).
Scope of Work
To support the implementation of this project, KOICA/GNTZ are seeking a TA who has extensive experience in the design and implementation of education projects, especially in the African context, in order to provide technical support in project implementation, development of materials, and quality assurance of documentation and results in monitoring, evaluation and learning.
The scope of work for the TA entails the following:
- Develop the instructional design model which will be used for the development of MSE In-Service Training (INSET) modules and the corresponding facilitator guides.
- Coordinate the development of INSET modules for MSE teachers in learner-centered pedagogy and curriculum content areas.
- Manage teams of education specialists to support the development of INSET modules and other materials as needed.
- Provide technical inputs to the relevant work plan for the preparation of INSET module development.
- Prepare inputs for quarterly project progress reports.
- Work with education authorities to ensure modules and facilitator guides are aligned with Zanzibar’s education policy.
- Produce inputs for monthly or quarterly reports for KOICA, as needed.
- Provide targeted program design, technical support on materials adaptation, and revisions for all aspects of INSET and module development.
- Provide oversight and guidance on INSET materials field testing, assessment and monitoring/evaluation support for teacher training and professional development
- Plan and supervise the delivery of the training activities.
- Work with operation teams to prioritize tasks and optimize workflow for orchestrating all project activities.
Note that the TA’s responsibilities are generally limited to tasks directly related to Outcome 1 ( Enhancing Learner-Centered Teaching and Learning in Math, Science, and English ). However, the TA’s contribution can be expected in other aspects of project implementation when deemed necessary by Project Manager.
- All applications should be sent with an enclosed cover letter (addressed to Country Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania, P.O. Box 33104, Dar es Salaam), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: [email protected]
- All applicants should provide the current contact information of their referees.
- The deadline for application is not later than 14 th December 2021.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email address.