Sustainable Energy Expert
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The specific objectives (Outcomes) are:
• Cooperation with and within ASEAN for developing and implementing ambitious climate policies is improved.
• A coherent regional transition towards a circular, climate-neutral and resource efficient economy is promoted.
• The equitable and sustainable management of regional natural capital and landscapes is made more effective.
• The transition towards sustainable and climate resilient food systems in ASEAN is promoted.
• The transition towards clean energy and greater energy efficiency is accelerated.
• Partnerships with and between a wide range of actors including civil society organisations (CSOs), city authorities and youth on climate action, environmental protection and DRR are strengthened.
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in environmental science and/or management, natural resources management, engineering, or related disciplines, or equivalent relevant professional experience (minimum 5 additional years supplementing the minimal general professional experience requested);
• Fluent in English (written and spoken), good reporting skills, and computer literacy.
• Professional experience required:
• General professional experience
• Minimum 12 years full-time proven post-graduate experience working as an expert in the fields of sustainable energy and energy efficiency, with a minimum requirement of 6 years of experience in international cooperation;
• Familiar with the EU Project Cycle Management, and with DG INTPA rules and procedures. Specific professional experience
• Minimum of 3 years of professional experience working with ASEAN;
• Proven experience of working with national governments and/or public authorities of ASEAN Member States;
• 5 years professional experience in technical assistance and/or capacity building/training positions in the field of energy policies such as energy transition and decarbonisation of the energy sector, renewable energy technologies, balancing of power systems, energy efficiency standards;
• Professional experience in technical assistance, EU policies, policy dialogue and triangular cooperation projects would be a strong advantage;
• Professional experience in regional cooperation projects would be a strong advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://cv.niras.com/job_details/7585