Senior procurement Officer
Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
04 May 2020
Within Tanzania , Kibondo , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NRC Tanzania is looking for Senior Procurement Officer base at Kibondo ,kigoma
The purpose of the Senior Procurement Officer position is to manage the day to day implementation of the procurement support functions responsibilities.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships. .
Duties and responsibilities
• Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
• Manage the procurement support function portfolio according to plan of action
• Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
• Ensure proper filing of documents
• Promote and share ideas for improvement of the procurement support function
• Provide leadership and management of all processing of Purchasing Orders upon request by users according to laid down rules and regulations.
• Manage all national and area office tenders as per the laid down procedures and guidelines.
• Follow up with the suppliers and service providers to ensure timely delivery and dispatch of goods and provision services to all users.
• Manage the Country Procurement plans and ensure that the plan is followed through with consolidation of like purchases for efficiency and economies of scale
• Ensure that all assistants and officers supervised keep track of current procurements with bi-weekly reporting for consolidation into a monthly report.
• Ensure all procurements that are required to be processed through Aggresso are done.
• Manage the RO and HO reporting in respect of procurement function such as Project Deliver Procurement Tracker reporting.
• Support in the receiving of Bid/Tenders and assist in opening and processing stages.
• Ensure that the uploading of supporting documents and online filing for Procurement related transactions in Aggresso and filing tree are done respectively by officers and assistants.
• Handling insecure environment
• Planning and delivering results
• Empowering and building trust
• Communicating with impact and respect
• A Bachelors degree in Procurement and or Logistics.
• At least 4 years of experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description
• knowledge in MS Excel, Agresso or related procurement system proficiency especially in construction fields.
• Experience from working as a Senior Procurement Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context dealing with Construction works or Buildings
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• A good command of English and knowledge of the Local language of Kiswahili – both oral and written.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelors degree in Procurement and or Logistics.
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
We can offer
Duty station: Kibondo
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo
Application deadline: 04 May, 2020
CLICK HERE TO APPLY