The Engineers Registration Board (ERB) is a statutory body established by the Act No. 15 of 1997 as Amended by the Engineers Registration (Amendment) Act No. 24 of 2007 with the responsibility of regulating the engineering profession in Tanzania.
The Board hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians who arc in Public Service with Check numbers and preferably Regulatory Board or similar Institution for the Post of:-
SENIOR LEGAL OFFICER-ERBGSS 3 (1 post)
Holder of Masters Degree in Law (LLM) from any recognized University/Institution, should be an advocate registered by High court of Tanzania and five years working experience.
By promotion of Legal Officer Grade I who has shown potential to hold higher responsibilities and has scored a minimum of B grade in performance appraisal after serving in that position for at least three years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Indexing, filing, registering of government notices and all legal documents and ensuring their safe keeping;
- To represent the Board in Legal suits;
- To prepare Board’s legal documents;
- To advise the management on various legal matters;
- To advise on the interpretation on various legal provisions;
- To prepare legal briefs to contracts and other legal documents;
- To represent the Board in legal pursuits;
- To deal with legal correspondences addressed to the Board;
- To administer compliance to the terms of agreements and contracts;
- To advise on various agreements and contracts before signing;
- To respond to changes in the legal environment;
- To record all minutes of all Board Committees Meetings;
- To monitor validity of insurance covers for equipment and premises; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Registrar.
- Age Limit – 25- 45Yrs
- Terms – Permanent and Pensionable
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers,
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates,
- Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
Names and addresses of three referees,
Applicants currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
Certificates, Diplomas and Degrees from foreign examination bodies or Universities should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) or The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
All applications should reach the undersigned by hand, email or by post mail on or before April 30, 2021.
Engineers Registration Board (ERB),
Pamba Road, Tetex House, P.O. Box 14942,
Dar es Salaam
E-mail: [email protected]