Risk & Compliance Assistant Manager
Jobs at:Sanlam Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
09 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We’re in the business of planning for tomorrow. The never-ending pursuit of meticulously crafting our clients’ futures. We do this by truly appreciating the value of money and turning the materials we’re given into something more. It’s our trade and it is something we are passionate about. Sanlam General Insurance Tanzania Limited seeks to recruit qualified and experienced professional in the following vacancy:
Risk & Compliance Assistant Manager
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, Risk & Compliance Assistant Manager play a key role in sustain profitable growth and optimization of capital utilization, optimize operational efficiency, ensure stable risk and control environment, improve customer experience across the value chain and sustain colleague engagement and talent retention.
The Risk & Compliance Assistant Manager will ensure the Company maintain its profitability & financial performance, improve operational efficiencies, customer experience and Employee engagement.
• Formulate and maintain long/med term risk strategy which supports the overall med-long term business development strategy of the organization.
• Implement and maintain an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework and policy in line with the Sanlam Group approach and standards.
• Implement effective risk management processes and procedures as a second line function to identify, monitor and provide guidance on mitigation strategies across all applicable risk categories.
• Implement effective operational risk management processes and procedures with the aim to identify, measure and monitor operational risk (inclusive of root cause analysis and appropriate reporting).
• Develop, implement and embed incident and loss event monitoring and reporting processes in collaboration with business.
• Provide business wide, role-specific risk management training to the business.
• Engage and participate in relevant projects, product development initiatives, and other initiatives that require assessment of and guidance on the risk impact to the business.
• Timely, accurate and sufficiently detailed submission of the annual risk maturity assessment for Sanlam General Tanzania.
• Facilitate and support effective Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery management per the Business Continuity management Policy.
• Accurate, appropriately detailed and timely risk reports to the Sanlam General Tanzania Audit and Risk Committee and Sanlam Group Risk and Compliance:
Risk profile – quarterly
Risk Appetite — biannually
Key risk report – quarterly
• Implement a proactive, risk-based Compliance Policy, Principles and Standards in line with the Sanlam group approach and standards.
• Implement effective compliance management processes and procedures as a second line function in accordance with the Compliance Principles and Standards.
• Implementation of an effective compliance monitoring programme in line with the Compliance Principles and Standards
• Provide advice and guidance to the business on legislation (inclusive of subordinate legislation, guidance, and directives), industry standards and compliance policies.
• Develop and implement of a compliance training strategy and plan.
• Develop and implement a regulatory change management process and reporting for the business which aims to:
• Keep the function and the business abreast of applicable regulatory changes that could affect the business;
• Provide timeous notification of new and/or amended compliance requirements on the business to Senior Management, the Board and Sanlam group and Compliance;
• Act as the primary point of contact with the appropriate Regulatory Authority of Tanzania and the business.
• Compliance reporting to the Board and Group Office
• Maintaining and building relationships with key stakeholders and other assurance providers to the business to facilitate coverage across the combined assurance model of the business
• Coordination and collation of open audit finding updates and tracking for submission to Internal Audit
Minimum qualifications and experience
Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting from reputable Higher Learning Institution
CPA(T), ACCA, MBA or ACII or CII or will be an added advantage
Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in the Management level
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should apply to the Chief Executive Officer, Sanlam General Insurance (Tanzania) Limited, Amani Place, Ohio Street House, P.O. Box 21228, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania not later than Friday, 9th April 2022.
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 April 2022.