Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Deadline of this Job:
09 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Kibondo , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Programme Manager
The primary purpose of the Programme Manager position is to ensure programme quality and maximize the positive impact of NRC response at area level. The Integrated Programme Manager (IPM) is responsible for overseeing the implementing programmes in their area of operation. This position is a member of the Area Management Group and Country Management Group. As such, the IPM is line managed by the Area Manager, but has a technical (dotted) reporting line to the Head of Programme.
The IPM is responsible to develop the area strategy, to lead on area project development, to supervise the implementation to ensure programme quality. The IPM will be responsible to ensure the application of the Project Cycle Management (PCM) framework, as well as ensuring quality reporting to donors.
1. Line management for CC focal point (Shelter, WASH, Education and ICLA) as well as the Grants and M&E focal points.
2. Contribute to the development of Integrated Programming Strategy for Tanzania, as well as CC strategies.
3. Lead on the development of holistic and needs based programmes.
4. Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects during implementation.
5. Compliance to donor standards, grant management, PCM, and reporting to donors.
6. Responsible for overseeing grants management, BPO monitoring and inclusion in discussions on Top Down allocations.
7. Management and overall coordination for implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
8. Coordinate new Emergency Responses, with an integrated approach where relevant.
9. Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy.
10. Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
• Ensure capacity development of project staff and transfer key skills (especially about PCM).
• Ensure the development and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and supporting documents and monitor their use in project implementation (PCM related).
• Lead on the Integrated Programming Strategy to be develop in 2021.
• Lead Area Office-specific situation and response analysis, in collaboration with the Head of Programmes and AM.
• Develop contextualized integrated (multi-sector) response portfolios.
• Responsible for facilitating evidence-based learning and decision-making by utilising quantitative and qualitative data generated through M&E processes, beneficiary consultation, and the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism (CFM).
• Responsible for overseeing and strengthening the Community Engagement, as well as consultation and referrals, as well as other accountability mechanisms.
• Support cross-cutting interventions including protection, gender, environment/energy.
• Contribute to Country-level programme initiatives (Strategy workshops, CC workshops, etc.). This includes contributing to NRC’s global Ambitions and Initiatives.
• Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders for effective project implementation.
• Represent NRC in key coordination forums, as delegated by the AM.
1. Minimum 4 years of experience from a management position in a humanitarian/recovery context
2. Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
3. Experience with managing integrated projects across different sectors
4. Core competency expertise (WASH, Shelter, Education, ICLA)
5. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
6. Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
7. Fluency in English, both written and verbal
8. Knowledge of the humanitarian and development context related to refugees in Tanzania highly desirable.
9. Experience with integrated programming
For more information, here is the Detailed Job Description.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Job application procedure
Duty Station: Kibondo, Tanzania.
Type of Contract: 12 months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
This position is open to both National and International Candidates.
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 August 2021.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY