Jobs at:people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ)
Deadline of this Job:
11 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Zanzibar , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) is a Semi-Autonomous Public Institution which is 100% owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. It was established on June, 30 1966 under Cap.153 of the Zanzibar Companies Decree as repealed and replaced by the Companies Act No. 15 of 2013. The primary function was to carry on the business on commercial banking activities in all of its Branches and Departments within Tanzania.
The Bank is currently offering Conventional and Islamic Banking Services through its Branches in Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Mtwara, with power to receive deposits, invest, lend money and other related Commercial Banking Services.
The Bank is currently undertaking expansion of her services and thus inviting the applications from qualified and energetic human capital with the right knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant posts below: .
Location: Unguja 1
Provides procurement operational support to Procurement Department in the bank
Education and Experience:
• Holder of Bachelor of Procurement and Supplies from any recognized University.
Key skills and Competencies:
• Computer literacy.
• Some experience at bank’s branch procurement functions will be an added advantage.
• Interpersonal skills to create and maintain relevant business networks
• Strong communication (writing and presentation) in English and Kiswahili
• Able to work independently and efficiently
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that an efficient procurement management system is maintained in the bank.
• Preparation and consolidate of procurement plans and implementation
• Review the terms of reference/technical specifications from user departments and prepare request for proposal/invitation for tender and recommend their approval to the Tender Board
• Prepare advertisement of Bids/Tenders
• Follow up and ensure evaluation of Bids and Proposals for award recommendations are done in timely manner
• Prepare request for expression of interest and follow their approval and advertisement
• Prepare Request for Quotations for Goods/Services under Local Minor and non-consultancy services
• Perform Registering and safeguarding of performance and bid securities
• Coordinate pre-contract negotiations
• Prepare budget for the section
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement performance reports
• Perform and evaluate the work performance of all employees under him/her
• Handle all clearing and forwarding related matters of the procured good whenever necessary.
• Assist in the review and update of policies pertaining to procurement management.
• Consult with supervisor on all matters pertaining to purchases policy and procedures.
• Assist in the clearance and forwarding of goods from the sea port and airport (for goods from outside Zanzibar) in liaison with appointed clearing agents.
• Maintain close contacts with suppliers and service providers to ensure faster delivery of needs and services required by different departments and branches.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Terms of Service
• Three (3) years contract (Renewable)
Age limit of not more than thirty-five (35) years as at 30th September, 2020
Attractive salary with PBZ Scales/Grades will be offered to the selected candidate along with incentive packages as per PBZ Staff regulations.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications from interested candidates should submitted the following: – • An application letter (hand written) signed by applicant himself specifying the position they are applying for and the duty station.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae with e-mail, telephone number and details of two (2) referees.
• Copies of Academic Certificates; provisional results and/or statement of results shall not be accepted irrespective of circumstances. Photocopy of Zanzibar ID or National (Tanzania) ID.
• Two recent passport size photograph
• Testimonial letter from previous employer, in case the applicant has working experience
• Only qualified shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
The People’s Bank of Zanzibar Ltd
Application Deadline: All applications should be submitted not later than 11th September, 2020.