Play Well Distribution Officer
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
26 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
International Rescue Committee (IRC), 2021
Play Well Distribution Officer
Requisition ID: req12295
Job Title: Play Well Distribution Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania .
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The COVID-19 pandemic has left many across the world in need of lifesaving and life-sustaining support. Beyond this immediate need for aid, millions of children are out of school and at home. It is hard to measure the losses for families and individuals when children are not in school, with severe learning loss, uncertain futures and generational consequences for children all while parents struggle to balance work with childcare and their own child’s education if they can. School closures compound and deepen educational inequities, with high-resource communities and families more able to fill the learning gap with—for example—access to remote learning options like internet-based activities.
The PlayWell Distribution Officer will be the key person responsible to implement and manage the content delivery system to beneficiaries in Tanzania. S/he will work closely with M&E department to share evidence about the content disseminated over multiple channels and provide data and analytics. The incumbent will ensure effective use of the system by closely coordinating with the technology and distribution partner.
• At least 5 years relevant sector experience.
• Must have managed WhatsApp Business API, Facebook, IVR, SMS and Podcast platforms.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the use of ICT solutions, preferably within education, in low bandwidth/income environments.
• Bachelor's degree in ICT, MIS, Computer Science, or any bachelor’s degree with excellent knowledge of ICT4D.
• Familiarity with the use of ICT in reaching marginalized populations.
• Strong knowledge of data analysis and evidence-based reporting.
• Experience in staff capacity-building and in participatory, flexible, and gender-sensitive programming and implementation.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written; Fluency in English is required.
• Women and People with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/12295?c=rescue