Jobs at:Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA)
Deadline of this Job:
11 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• To pilot Ships and other Vessels with maximum length of 150 mts. for safe berthing & un-berthing within the Port;
• To assist commanding the Tugs boats beyond harbor boundaries.
• To keep training on safe berthing and unberthing ships/ vessels with length over 150 mts.
• To command the Floating Crane and tow for dry docking.
• To ensure that all outgoing ships have valid outward port clearance.
• To ensure Pilot Log sheet and Master Report are accurately filled up for billing purposes; and
• To perform any other related duties as assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
• Certificate of Competence for Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch (OINW) on ships of 500 GRT or more (Reg. II/1).
• Must have at least four (4) years of working experience as OINW on ships of 500 GRT or more. Bachelor Degree in Marine Transportation, Maritime Transport and Nautical Science will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link http://portal.ajira.go.tz/index.php/advert/display_advert/4004