National Primary Education Adviser
Deadline of this Job:
16 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. As a VSO volunteer you’ll live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. By sharing your unique skills and experience you’ll help generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities you work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us as a VSO volunteer and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• At least 3 years’ of experience in teaching and education development.
• Confident in training, communication and presentation with competences in coaching others.
• Experience of working with Teachers and a keen interest in self progression and that of others.
Master’s degree or Post-Graduate or Degree in education,
• At least 3 years’ experience of school leadership or education management focused on improving language learning outcomes and strengthening school management
• Fluent English and Good written skills in English
• Capability to produce accurate, reflective reports with reference to qualitative and quantitative data.
• Key qualities of relationship-building, adaptability and resilience
• Building, adoptability and resilience.
• Ability to work sensitively within a socially strong cultural environment.
• Able to use own initiative and communicate confidently with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Experience in working in a developing country.
• Experience of in-service training.
• Previous experience of working in a multicultural setting.
• Effective communications skills (report writing, verbal).
• Ability to build capacity (coach/Mentor) of others
• A self-starter.
• Previous experience of working in an (I) NGO in a field probably in Education Projects.
• Previous experience of coaching and capacity building.
• Previous experience of working in a multi-cultural organization.
Competencies and Behaviour
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here