Math (MYP/DP) Teachers
Jobs at:Dar es Salaam International Academy
Deadline of this Job:
27 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Dar es Salaam International Academy is a privately owned international school located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.Implementing the International Baccalaureate Primary, Middle Years & Diploma Programmes.
We are currently recruiting teachers for our 2021/22 Academic Year. A DIA teacher has a pivotal role in creating the optimum environment for teaching and learning. At the forefront of this position is to promote a sustained learning culture. .
Dar es Salaam International Academy Recruitment Policy
Aim: The DIA recruitment policy’s main aim is to ensure that a transparent and unbiased recruitment and selection process is followed; one that results in the appointment of the best candidate, based solely on merit and best-fit with DIA’s values, philosophy, and goals.
Safe Recruitment: DIA utilizes Safe Recruitment practices and will be undertaking background checks and seeking police clearance from all interested candidates.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelors in Education – or anything equivalent to a teaching degree
• 2 years’ experience
DIA aims to complete a recruitment cycle within two working weeks. If you would like to apply to DIA please:
Email your CV (which includes contact details for at least 2 references of the last 3 positions held, as well as 1 personal reference) and cover letter of maximum one A4 page including the following (but not limited to):
• Motivation for applying for the position at DIA
• Outlining main achievements as a teacher
• Outlining skills and strengths as a teacher
• Outlining any experience or knowledge about the IB programs
• Outlining what can be offered to the school outside the classroom (extra-curricular, professional development etc.)
• Reasons for moving to Tanzania if abroad and outlining any experience living in a developing country
• How long they intend to live and work in Tanzania and whether they have a spouse, significant other or dependents that they would be moving with
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
CV and cover letter should be emailed to: Mr Gurvinder Jaswant (Secondary Principal) – [email protected] or
Ms. Fawzya Hirji (Primary Principal) – [email protected] &
Ms. Shaista Juma, Executive Director – [email protected]