Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Logistics & Customs Officer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure to coordinate logistics movement of goods while maintaining the system through in transit transactions and logistics supplier invoice review.
Logistics & Customs Officer (1 Vacancy)
Demand and Supply Superintendent
Work Schedule: 5 Days On/ 2 Days off
Duration : Permanent
- Ensures effective coordination with Logistics Contractor in tracking movement of goods from the consolidation point to the ports of destination
- Follow up on exports from mine site with Logistics contractor and relevant authorities and Port Terminals
- Receive shipment pre-alerts and collaborate with Freight Forwarders in duty assessment requests with TASAC
- Follow up in collaboration with Logistics Contractor on duty assessments from TASAC
- Follow up on the various permits from other regulatory authorities (GCLA, TBS, EWURA, TANROAD, Ministry responsible for Transport etc) required during importation and transportation of goods
- Coordinate with Freight Forwarder for payment offers and release of goods from organizations (TPA, TICTS, Shipping Companies, ICDs, etc) involved in importation, handling and storage of goods
- Coordinate with Freight Forwarder in resolving issues related to imported goods with the relevant authorities (Port Terminals, TASAC, TRA, TBS,etc)
- Work with inland logistics contractor to ensure smooth loading and transporting goods to site
- Coordinate resolution of issues related to documentation required in clearance process
- Check consolidated invoices and debit notes
- Collaborate with Regional Logistics team to process claims from the transports in cases of incidents related to transportation of goods
- In collaboration with Regional Logistics Lead and Freight Forwarder reconcile duty payments from Float Account
- Update into in transit both International and local deliveries
- Reconciliation of freight invoices submitted by the transporter
- Management reporting on agreed key performance areas
- Maintains filing system and archive for the documents as per the procedure
Performs any other tasks related to the overall objective as assigned by the respective Leader
- Diploma or Equivalent Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain/Materials Management and or Logistics Management
Supply Chain Professional Board’s Certification will be advantageous
- 2-3 Years of work experience in Supply Chain/Logistics Management
1 Year Previous Experience in Clearing and Forwarding is an added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Have a detailed understanding of various Track and Trace tools and systems
- Knowledge on basic MS Office applications -Outlook, Excel, Word etc.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good Work Ethics
Ability to Multi-task within the Supply Chain functions
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV -YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “JOB TITLE YOU APPLYING FOR" in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to:
If you are not contacted by Barrick-Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessmen