Life Skills Adviser Volunteer
Deadline of this Job:
13 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. As a VSO volunteer you’ll live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. By sharing your unique skills and experience you’ll help generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities you work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us as a VSO volunteer and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty. .
The Ideal person will train the youth to improve market awareness and help them identify business opportunities. The candidate will work hand in hand with corporate volunteers who will be engaged in the similar position or Life Skills expert to engage marginalized youth on soft skills that will help them on how to employ themselves and or prepare for the labour market and promote their business.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business management or social science, Entrepreneurship, Economics or related is required
• 3 to 4 Years of experience in relevant field.
• Background on training, education or facilitation skills will be the most advantageous factor for this position.
• Communication – communicates at various levels depending on the audience and content of message, communicates the rights message, excellent in communication consistency between partners in the project
• Ability to inspire young people is highly recommended.
• Good inspirational speaking skills will be added advantage
• Analysis and creative problem-solving – proactive to deliver solutions to challenges,
• Ability to identify the interest of the CLARITY project and VETA. Ability to analyse and quickly grasp the fundamentals of a need. Able to find innovative ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
• Flexibility – ability to be proactive in changing environment of working, business management, and entrepreneurship is desirable, experienced on people management and ability to work in a multinationals with flexibilities of cultural differences.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://www.vsointernational.org/volunteering/professional/jobs/life-skills-adviser-a0m3z00000di9i1aad