Deadline of this Job:
17 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Arusha at International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT), 2020
United Nations (UN) Jobs
Posting Title: INVESTIGATOR, P3
Job Code Title: INVESTIGATOR
Department/Office: International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals
Duty Station: ARUSHA
Job Opening Number: 20-Investigation-RMT-144860-R-Arusha (R)
Staffing Exercise N/A
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity .
Org. Setting and Reporting
The post is located in the Office of the Prosecutor (OTP) of the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT), Arusha Branch. The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Senior Trial Attorney and/or Senior Investigator. *Appointment of the successful candidate to this position will be subject to budgetary approval.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
• Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Criminology, Criminal Investigations, Criminal Justice or related field. A first-level university degree or equivalent training/diploma in criminal investigations techniques from a recognized public police academy combined with (2) two years additional qualifying experience in criminal investigation techniques may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in criminal investigations or law enforcement, including substantial experience at the international level.
• Substantive participation in complex, long-term criminal investigations, especially of violent crimes is required.
• Experience in preparing witnesses and evidence for judicial proceedings is also required.
• Relevant experience at the ICTY and/or ICTR and a good understanding of the Rwandan genocide are highly desirable.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=144860&Lang=en-US