Jobs at:TAZAMA SACCOS
Deadline of this Job:
03 March 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TAZAMA SACCOS is a financial institution conducting saving and Credit Cooperative Society activities and registered under the Co-operative Societies Act No 6 of 2013 and is licensed under the Microfinance Act No 18 of 2018. The Saccos is located at TAZAMA-Regional Office (Kigamboni) in Dar es Sa¬laam. The main objective of the Society is to mobilize savings, provide loans facilities to its members in accordance to loan policy and other value-added services such as developing savings tradition, financial management and encouraging investment behavior aimed at improving the social and economic well being of its members.
TAZAMA SACCOS is seeking to recruit competent qualified Tanzania citizens to fill the following job vacancies below.... .
Position: Internal Auditor
Reports to: BOARD
Responsible to protect assets of the Saccos, compliance with internal procedure and reviewing business process, protects against fraud and theft of the Saccos assets and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management procedures that are in place currently with recommendation on how to improve internal controls and governance process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures that the Saccos complies with internal regulations and control procedures.
• Examine documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information required.
• Reconcile documentation with actual inventory or assets
• Prepare reports and preserves documentation pertaining to audits for internal records.
• Present summarized findings concerning audit results and trend for internal control purpose.
• Make recommendation for the best ways for the Saccos to avoid fraud and reduce waste
• Assess best financial practices for the Saccos to make relevant, informed suggestions.
• Keep up to date on audit procedures and regulations by attending conferences and required approved trainings.
• Review operation systems, policies and procedures of all units to ascertain possible risk on controls and recommending a proper mitigation.
• Works with team to achieve Saccos goals.
• Holder of Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy or related field from recognized institution.
• Must be CPA (T) holder.
• At least three years working experiences as an Auditor in reputable institution, working in Micro finance institution will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Auditing accounting system software or financial solution system will be an added advantage.
• Good communication skills (Fluent in English and Kiswahili both oral and Written) and a keen attention to details.
• Computer literacy – Ms Excel, Ms Word & PowerPoint
• Must be registered by NBAA.
• Age 30-45 years.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Terms of Employment: The incumbents will be offered employment opportunities upon completion of a probation period of Six (6) months and a dean vetting process result.
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates
Duty Station: Dar-Es-Salaam
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application in own handwriting with detailed CV including Photocopies of relevant academic certificates should be submitted to the undersigned before 03rd March, 2021. BOARD CHAIRPERSON,
P.O. BOX 2157,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 03rd March, 2021.