From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002, and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Tusker Lager, Tusker Lite, Kibo Gold, The Kick, Serengeti Lite, and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
To support SBL in achieving its business objectives
SBL operates in a competitive environment and in a vast geography. The main player in the beer industry is Tanzania Breweries Ltd. (TBL), a subsidiary of SABMiller. Inflation rates remain high in Tanzania and average income per capita is less than 1 USD per day. The GDP growth is estimated at 7% and is expected to grow to 7.5% as investment, gold production, trade and tourism pick up. There is growing consumer affluence and consumerism, giving rise to greater opportunities in our product categories
Directly managing a team of logistics controllers
Reports To: Logistics Site Manager
Purpose of Role
Ensuring the opening and closing stock balances and that empties are available for packaging.
- Prepare and publish the opening stock balances
- Consolidate and publish the stock position of beer ,spirits, empties
- Ensure all inbound inventory is receipted and posted timely both physically and, in the system, (SAP)as per the SOP
- Prepare and publish daily stock transfer tracker at an interval of 2 hours daily
- Coordinate all process and logistics activities that are not limited to systems inventory movement posting like scrapping, intra-location stock, transfers, rework
- Manage daily reconciliation
- Preparation of an incidence report whenever there is a safety hazard
- Conduct the toolbox meeting
Qualifications and Experience Required
Certifications in relevant field of study
- 5 years hands-on experience in warehouse/logistics operations, 2 of which must have been spent on logistics scheduling, preferably in an FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in warehouse management.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, HACCP, ISO14001& OHSAS, 18001 standards.
- Proficient in the use of ERP systems, preferably SAP, Maximo/TALLY
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.