Head of Technology & operations
Jobs at:CV People
Deadline of this Job:
16 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, 07 July 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Head of Technology & operations
City Dar es salaam
State/Province Dar es Salaam
Zip/Postal Code 255
Responsible for managing Operations and other Business Service support functions of the bank through provision of leadership and operational support in the development and implementation the Bank’s operations policies and procedures. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the quality and effectiveness of the centralized bank operations, IT service management, security services, product delivery, transaction processing, customer service, project management, commercial services operations, process and issue management. He/she will provide visionary and strategic leadership to the centralized operations units and team members to ensure adherence to agreed Service level standards and ensuring that the credibility of the bank is upheld.
• Develop plans for the achievement of Operational standards and cost targets for the areas under the control of the role holder.
• Agree respective departmental staffing and financial budgets and monitor performance against budgets.
• In conjunction with Departmental Managers, develop plans to ensure appropriate staffing numbers and capability to support all areas under the control of the role holder
• Compile and review on an ongoing basis performance figures/ statistics and monitor against targets/ budgets
• Interpret and communicate Bank policy covering Service Delivery and Operational Standards.
Internal business processes 40%
• Develop and implement effective processes to ensure that Operational standards and cost targets are understood by appropriate staff.
• Develop and implement appropriate control processes to ensure that all elements of Operational risk, e.g. fraud, follow up of Audit recommendations, are managed effectively across all areas under the control of the role holder.
• In conjunction with Departmental Managers, develop and implement plans to rectify shortfalls in Operational service and cost performance.
• In conjunction with business units, identify and implement process/system improvement opportunities.
• To be aware of and understand the operational risk exposures in the bank and ensure that effective controls and procedures are in place to manage these risks.
• Ensure that risk assurance processes are in place throughout the operations departments.
• To ensure the achievement of group and local targets as set for specific KRIs including Nostro, Suspense Accounts and Central Bank outstanding.
• Ensure adherence to statutory and Bank legal requirements
• Monitor business and process metrics to measure and manage operations and service effectiveness
• Value-add to the business by proactively identifying new and developing risks and providing suggestions to senior management on how to improve on the Bank`s operation.
• Uphold an Audit ready culture at all times to ensure achievement of minimum ‘Satisfactory ‘ Audit scoring
• Set and maintain service management processes within all areas of jobholder’s control
• Initiate actions to overcome problems identified in meeting the service levels.
• Set up the work flow process for Banking operations, and providing the needed support for smooth operations.
• Undertake the monitoring, reporting and reviewing of the levels of service delivery by departments under control and service providers against agreed SLAs
• Achievement of agreed service level commitments.
• Effective management and reduction of customer complaints.
• Attainment of agreed targeted Voice of Customer survey
• Promote quality customer service environment throughout the organization.
• Implement best practice initiatives to enhance excellent operational standards and customer service in clients Bank.
Learning and growth 10%
• Counsel, motivate and create a good working environment for all staff to enhance individual performance and productivity including an effective performance appraisal system.
• Develop and agree on an annual basis, individual and team performance objectives, standards and targets
• Review regularly performance against agreed objectives.
• Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to direct reports and members of the operation team by observing their daily activities and assisting them with complicated issues.
• Identify development and training needs and develop plans to satisfy areas identified.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Banking or Business related field
Professional Banking Qualification (ACIB) or Certified Public Account are added advantage.
Desired work experience:
At least 10 years work experience in a Senior Management position in Banking Operations. Role-holder must have exposure in:
• Significant Operations experience preferably at a Central Operations Centre level
• Branch Banking Operations with a good sense of responsibility.
• Service/ Quality Oriented environment
• Previous experience in planning and implementing change
• Significant experience in Projects Management
• Previous experience in leading a large team
• Good leadership skills
Catapult Bank Core Value Behaviours (Performance Drivers)
Confident (Self Mastery).
Describes people who are self-assured, in control, Bold, and deliver to the highest standards of expectations with ease while exhibiting the sort of presence that builds confidence in others.
Comfortable (Connecting with people).
Describes people who are cool and resilient under pressure, honest in every dealing, open to constructive criticism, can be relied on to deliver.
Elegant (Effortless delivery).
Describes people who demonstrate effortless simplicity and are able to do mundane things with grace and flair. They connect easily with different audiences, exhibit finesse in all interactions and have a high sense of values that they uphold at every turn.
Prestige (Pride and ownership of our work).
Describes people who believe in themselves, are respected and treat others with respect and occupy a significant place in people’s minds.
• Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations:
Well round knowledge of ALL the Bank’s operations and processes and excellent knowledge of Bank policies, procedures and T24 System.
• Risk Management:
Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by developing appropriate Risk Management Policies for the Bank
• Audit Standards and Legislations:
Excellent knowledge of International Accounting and Audit Standards, and Legislations
• Compliance and Regulatory Framework:
Top notch understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirement as provided by BOT, TRA etc.
• Conceptual and Analytical Skills:
Analytical and practical understanding of workflow, capacity planning / optimisation and process implementation
• Technology Skills:
Knowledge of computerized Internal Audit Techniques, Computerized accounting and financial systems, banking applications and spreadsheets.
• Personal Ethics:
Must be honest, fair and just with self and others, and demonstrates integrity in work and business contacts.
• Communication Skills:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
• Interpersonal Skills:
Must be a people’s person, with ability to interact with key contacts in finance sector.
• People Management Skills:
Staff supervisory skills and ability to engage, motivate, train and develop staff.
• Results and Achievement Oriented:
Strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards and those of others she leads
• High level of drive and energy.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here To Apply Now