Job Title: Head of Environmental Social
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer Governance (ESG)
- Conduct ESG risk assessments at all operations in collaboration with relevant staff, develop a risk register, monitor implementation of mitigation, report to management.
- Develop and implement Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) for the company including policies and procedures (environmental, social, CSI, stakeholder engagement).
- Review and help align/update procedures and systems for the company.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of the above by way of an Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP), track progress, update with the actions and report to management.
- Develop and implement a system to monitor and coordinate ESG data collection and aggregate data from each operation/affiliate companies. Data focuses on both negative and positive impacts.
- Keep a legal register - keep the company informed of ongoing changes in legislation and new or outstanding requirements for their operations. Ensure all permits and licenses are up to date.
- Support the company in negotiations with regulators about permits and licenses.
- Provide training in international environmental, social and H&S performance standards.
- Lead internal environmental and social audits.
- Coordinate positive environmental, labour, socio-economic benefits including a CSI plan linked to company operations and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and implementation of this plan.
- Annual budgeting for above activities in collaboration with colleagues.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Environmental Social Governance (ESG)
Critical Success Factors
- Clear understanding of professional, statutory and legal requirements that govern Environmental Social Governance operations.
- Documented procedures and policies that guide on the day to day running of the department.
- Clear understanding and implementation of Environmental Social Action Plan (ESAP). Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for this Role
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative thinker.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good understanding of in-country legislations and international environmental and social standards and guidelines.
- 9 plus years’ experience in a senior position in Environmental, Social Governance issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science.
HOW TO APPLY:
Frostan Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV and relevant certificates. Only candidates with the required experience will be contacted. Submissions to be sent to: Email: [email protected] : Closing date: 22 September 2021.