Head of Compliance
Jobs at:Bank of Baroda
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Bank is providing full-fledged banking operations and serving the people in all walks of life. The bank is financing businessman, traders, manufacturers, retailers, individuals, employees of well established companies, institutions, government departments, SMEs etc. in addition to other Banking Services. .
Major Responsibilities shall include:
• Advise the applicable laws, regulations, rules and standards and inform about any developments in these areas and any policy that needs to be in place.
• Ensure that all are the regulatory, statutory returns/statements are submitted to Bank of Tanzania and other regulatory bodies on time as per desired periodicity.
• Support in building a robust compliance culture based on ethical standards of behavior and thus contributing to effective corporate governance.
• Review, provide recommendations and assess compliance to regulatory requirements on the internal policies, procedures and guidelines, ensure a follow-up of any identified deficiencies, make recommendations for amendment, where necessary and supervise the implementation of corrective measures to mitigate the identified deficiencies.
• Responsible as the Banks Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) hence ensure appropriate internal controls and procedures for money laundering prevention are in place and functioning as intended
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
• Candidates shall have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Law/Banking. The person having experience of working in compliance department of Bank will have added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Who can Apply: Candidates holding Local Citizenship i.e. Tanzanian Nationality only can apply for the requested Job Opportunity.
Remuneration: Successful candidates shall receive a competitive salary and other benefits in accordance with the status of the bank in the industry.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates who meet the required qualification and experience shall apply in writing accompanied by CV and a passport size photograph attached to the CV, providing postal as well as E-mail addresses and telephone numbers. In addition they shall provide names and postal and E-mail addresses of two referees who will be contacted to furnish confidential reports to successful candidates to the following address not later than 30th September 2020.
Bank of Baroda (T) Limited.
Plot no.149/32, Ohio/Sokoine Drive,
P O Box No.5356, Dar es salaam, TANZANIA
Phone no: +255 22 2124472/87, 2124461 (CM),
Fax: +255 22 2124457
Email: [email protected]