Nonprofit, and NGO
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine, Shinyanga Region
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2021
Thursday, October 14, 2021
, Base Salary:
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine, Shinyanga Region, Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Geotechnical Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Geotechnical Manager
• Using geotechnical mapping and logging to classify rock mass and hence apply the same data on stope design and mine layouts to ensure that ore extraction proceeds promptly and safely.
• Using structural stability methods, empirical assessment and numerical modelling to arrive at ultimate support systems and determine optimum pillar sizes and stoping sequences to ensure stability of underground workings
• Advising and assisting mine operating officials on ground control methods to ensure optimum utilization of the available ore reserves and human resources engaged in ground control activities.
• Carrying out regular monitoring of support systems (e.g. pull tests) to ensure that the recommended support is adhered to.
• Measuring of rock strength, rock stress changes, deformation and monitoring seismic activity using different rock mechanics instrumentation to ensure stability of underground and surface workings.
• Ensuring Geotechnical staff is well trained to improve on the quality of services offered to the mining department and ensure compliance with BGML’s policies and procedures.
• Assist in developing training programs for Tanzanian Engineers to develop new skills and achieve their full potential.
• Regularly update the Ground Control Management Plan (GCMP) so as to improve the quality of service offered to the mining department.
• Designing and monitoring of ground support, backfill systems, and geotechnical instrumentation systems.
• Reporting in writing on geotechnical analyses, risk assessments and inspections.
• Liaising with external mining consultants.
• Collecting, analyzing and reporting of geotechnical data.
• Assist the Geotechnical Section Leader to complete BGML’s employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and take appropriate action to remedy any substandard employee performance or behavior.
• Act as a liaison between mine planning and operations departments coordinating rock engineering efforts towards achieving short-term objective.
• Bachelor Degree of Science in Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering and or equivalent preferably with a specialization in Ground Control, Geotechnical Engineering or Rock Mechanics.
• Must have valid driving license.
• Minimum 1 year experience in underground mining environment
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years post graduate industry underground mining experience preferably in precious metals using narrow vein long hole stopping.
• Must have a valid Tanzania driving license and able to drive a light vehicle in underground environment.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have good operating knowledge and interpretation skill of popular numerical modelling tools such as DIPS, UNWEDGE, MAP3D, PHASE2 and FLAC3D.
• Able to work with limited supervision.
• Good interpersonal skills with contractors and mine personnel.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Swahili
• Able to work safely and not create or ignore hazards.
• Cultural and religious awareness and tolerance.
• High degree of patience and tolerance.
• Must have sufficient communication skills.
• Able to maintain accurate records and reports.
• Ability to interpret mine layouts.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to:
If you are not contacted by Barrick - Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 20th October 2021
Wananchi Group (SimbaNET; WCT; WGT) a Regional East African Company which provides internet, Data, Broadcasting and Multimedia Communication Solutions seeks to recruit a Country Finance Manager for Tanzania Job Profile…
Overview Job Category: Computer/ IT Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 02 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 20-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: National Junior Data…
Position: Program Development Advisor, Great Lakes 8 Locations Available | req20555 Job available in these locations: London, United Kingdom Bangui, Central African Republic Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of…
UHAMIAJI Tanzania: Call For Work Training at The Immigration Services Department Released 12th November, 2021. Who we are: The Immigration Services Department is established under Section 4(1) of the Immigration…